Greatest Movies Of All Time

Here are a list of some of the greatest movies i can think of:

1. Fight Club

2. The Shawshank Redemption

3. Donnie Darko

4. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

5. The Rules of Attraction

6. Interview with a vampire

and there are more but i'm tired and cant think of them as of right now. Add to it!

Disco Pigs

Philadelphia

The United States of Leland

Life is Beautiful or La Vita e Bella

One Flew Over the cuckoo's Nest

The Shawshank Redemption (but someone already mentioned that)

Forrest Gump

Schindler's List

Citizen Kane

Brazil

I left out a few more of my personal favourites just because they're not necessarily "great" movies. I just love them anyway.

Citizen Kane is THE greatest movie ever made. Ever.

It's not my favorite movie, but its the greatest movie ever made. I think because we already have so many "favorite movie" threads, we should be basing this on what was the most revolutionary film or something of that sort. Otherwise we're just going to rehash 1990-2005 movies that everyone thinks is cool to like, rather than having any idea why they should.

American Beauty, Seven, The life of David Gale (Yes I know theyre all Kevin Spacey movies)

kevin spacey is one of the most underrated actors alive.

that being said, i agree with seven and american beauty. empire strikes back is right up there as well.

American Beauty, Seven, The life of David Gale (Yes I know theyre all Kevin Spacey movies)

kevin spacey is one of the most underrated actors alive.

that being said, i agree with seven and american beauty. empire strikes back is right up there as well.

I don't consider a guy who's won two Oscars under-rated.

To be quite honest, I find him annoying.

The Matrix

Donnie Darko

Schindler's List

To Kill A Mockingbird

The Sixth Sense

Seven

Fight Club....yes, David Fincher is a god.

Road to Perdition

I've just seen Heat and The Insider, and as such, I would like to state for the record that Michael Mann is a fucking awesome filmmaker... Not that his are necessarily in the greatest film of all time race, but I needed a venue to say how great MM is, and I chose this one... and I don't even care that I'm semi-off topic; so there.

I'm going to say... Happiness. Or End of Evangelion.

And static; do you mean the entire Matrix trilogy, or just the first movie? Because I'd put off watching Reloaded and Revolutions until just this past Saturday because I was so scared off by the shitty reviews and loved the first one... and they were just as bad as everyone claimed. The story was really convoluted and the acting was... well, the same, but the SFX weren't as interesting anymore to cover it up.

I'm a huge fan of dialouge driven movies, so everything by Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino are at the top of my list for greatest films. Also Joss Whedon's "Serenity". My other faves

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

A New Hope

Fellowship Of The Ring

Donnie Darko

Minority Report

Princess Mononoke

Memento

I don't know if anyone considers these to be great movies....but i do B)

static; do you mean the entire Matrix trilogy, or just the first movie? Because I'd put off watching Reloaded and Revolutions until just this past Saturday because I was so scared off by the shitty reviews and loved the first one... and they were just as bad as everyone claimed. The story was really convoluted and the acting was... well, the same, but the SFX weren't as interesting anymore to cover it up.

I was reffering to the entire series. I agree with you about the acting and cheap dialogue, but as a concept series it is absolutly revolutionary. It's the most brilliant blend i've seen so far of art and entertainment, which is what it set out to do. I still have trouble wrapping my head around all of the philosophies presented in the series. I'm nowhere near saying its flawless or perfect or anything of the sort. I'm not even saying they're my favorite movies. But they are the first movies i have ever seen that can work without any thought from the viewer, but on a different level fascinate the critical viewer with its thematic lines and personal philiosophies.