Minx333

Greatest Movies Of All Time

I completely agree with you. Even though Reloaded and Revolutions pale in comparison to the original, you have to marvel in the sheer scope of the movies. However, the first still blows the sequels out of the water.

I'd rather marvel at the sheer scope of LotR...

The LotR movies are what happens when people are willing to spend an abnormal amount of money to make a faithful adaptation. There are no new ideas or themes really being presented. In fact, if anything there are less then the novel.

The Matrix trilogy creates an entirly new world as opposed to trying to illustrate one already described in text.

I second Michael Mann as being a great director. Here are some directors that I think are incredible and some of their films (and many of their films rank among some of the best films ever made):

Dario Argento - Deep Red, Suspiria, Tenebre

Andrei Tarkovsky - Stalker, The Mirror, Nostalghia, The Sacrifice, Andrei Rublev, Solaris (the original)

Ingmar Bergman - Through A Glass Darkly, Scenes From A Marriage, The Silence, Winter Light, Persona

Akira Kurosawa - Ran, Kagemusha, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Seven Samurai, Red Beard

Peter Greenaway - The Thief, The Cook, His Wife & Her Lover, The Belly of An Architect

Samuel Fuller - Shock Corridor

Peter Weir - The Last Wave, Picnic At Hanging Rock

Kihachi Okamoto - Sword of Doom

Jules Dassin - Night and the City, Rififi

Roman Polanski - Knife In the Water, Rosemary's Baby

Henry Georges Clouzot - Le Corbeu, Wages of Fear

Edited by Morbii

By far the greatest movie is

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Common this movie was what made present day animation movies possible, as well it crossed a line that had never been crossed before. Animation with real life actors..

Great on So many levels

I've been reading a lot of Negative feedback for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I think they are definatly up there though. Howard Shores music is really amazing. Can't say enough about these films.

Requiem for a Dream is a good one as well. I also dig M nights, movies eg. The Sixth Sense.

Scary movies... I dont know if many people have seen it but Event Horizion freaked me out when the one guy is walking down the hallway and the glove touched his shoulder. If you have seen the movie you know what I mean.

On another note, anyone see Ghost Ship.... what a rip off of Event Horizion, same storyline except that its on a ship and not on a spaceship in the future. What a waste of money to go see it, and they didnt even do a good job of stealing the idea.