Minx333

Greatest Movies Of All Time

I agree with some that Signs was crap but after sixth sense I'm not a fan of M Night. I saw that ending coming about 30 min in an had to wait another 2hrs for "the big twist", it was dissapointing

Anyway my favorite movies are anything by Kubrick and a Thai film called "Gas Station" it's just a bunch of people randomly attacking a gas station in whacky and creative ways, it's awesome.

I agree with some that Signs was crap but after sixth sense I'm not a fan of M Night. I saw that ending coming about 30 min in an had to wait another 2hrs for "the big twist", it was dissapointing

Anyway my favorite movies are anything by Kubrick and a Thai film called "Gas Station" it's just a bunch of people randomly attacking a gas station in whacky and creative ways, it's awesome.

You figured out the end to The Sixth Sense 30 mins. in? Or Signs? If you figured the ending to The Sixth Sense before the ending, I say you're full of shit. Please tell me the time in the movie you figured it out, and what gave it away? My cousin said the same thing, that she figured it out. I called her a liar.

I think it's the other way around.

And, M. Night is one of the best directors and visionaries in the film business right now. Say what you will, but The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs were great. And, while I enjoyed The Village and it's wonderful imagery, it was a step down. Let's hope Lady in the Water is at peak form.

QUOTE matrix Posted on Jul 18 2006, 10:28 PM

You figured out the end to The Sixth Sense 30 mins. in? Or Signs? If you figured the ending to The Sixth Sense before the ending, I say you're full of shit. Please tell me the time in the movie you figured it out, and what gave it away? My cousin said the same thing, that she figured it out. I called her a liar.

I figured out Sixth Sense so quickly because the movie wouldn't have a point if the ending was anything different.

WARNING SPOILERS

The main focus was on the Bruce Willis character and there were large hints that pointed to the fact that he died.

1. He got shot 10 mins in

2. The kid sees DEAD PEOPLE

3. He has no real interaction with other characters throughout the movie

There was really no other plot line the movie could follow other than the end. However this is a tadition of M Night movies, he takes a simple plot and uses imagery and plays on human emotion (mostly fear or isolation)to extend his story.

The reason i don't enjoy M Night is because his main plots could be revealed 1 hr into a movie and he could build a better story around that and expand on his original idea (which are pretty creative)like how Bruce Willis' character deals with the fact that he's dead or why he is unaware of the fact he is dead instead of just ending it.

That's weird, because I find M. Night's movies to be actually the most character developed and story developed movies today. Even if you took away the end to any of his movies, they would stand up to almost any other movies out there. I've enjoyed every movie his made up to date, and will most likely continue to enjoy his new ones. However, I do think his twist endings are beginning to be put on only because the public now expects it, and the movie can be hampered by that.

Also, if you actually did figure out the end of The Sixth Sense half way through...which I still don't believe, but...you probably figured out the ending to The Usual Suspects, Scream, and others with twist endings, yes?

I will agree that he is one of the few that spend the time to trully develop a character and have him/her drive the story (especially Unbreakable). I guess the reason I don't like him is the same reason I really don't enjoy Dickens that much he spends too much time on details. It's a love it or hate it style and it doesn't appeal to me. I am not disagreeing that he is a good writer and director becuase he adds a much needed boost of creativity to hollywood. I just can't get into the characters he creates enough to really enjoy the movies.

As for Usual Suspects (great flick) and Scream. It's been a while since i've seen either but I know I didn't figure out Usual Suspects but I got Scream a couple of minutes before the reveal. I don't know what it was about Sixth Sense something just clicked in my brain.

I guess everyone is different I'm sure there are movies out there that people had no idea what was gonna happen while some were dying to scream out the twist. My friend was like that with Usual Suspects i was like holy crap didn't see that coming while he figured it out early on and didn't enjoy the rest of the film.