Hey i don't know is anyones an underoath fan here but if not you should check them out www.purevolume.com/underoath

also I am looking for 3 demos by them...

-You're So Intricate

-80's Song

-Smic Tague

if anyone has them or know where i can get them i'd love to know

thanks in advance

"80's" song is the same as "Its dangerous buisness walking out your front door" with the addition of a few 80's effects. "You're so intricate" is the same as "I'm content with losing" and "Smic Tague" is just a cool sounding instrumental song. But if you really want them I could YSI them.

All in all this re-release was kinda a copout in my opinion. But I still love this album.

Don't have this, but have you heard any of their earlier stuff? It's a lot harder to get (mostly out of print), but it's so much better. Of course, it's much more metal than their new stuff, so it might not appeal to you anyway.

Don't have this, but have you heard any of their earlier stuff? It's a lot harder to get (mostly out of print), but it's so much better. Of course, it's much more metal than their new stuff, so it might not appeal to you anyway.

They used to want to kickstart a Christian BalckMetal counter-movement. When that failed, they went emo.

2000 is hardly trying to kickstart something that started in the early or mid 90's ;) Their first album was more metalcore I thought. The second one is the one that if you were to say that they had a BM album, that would be it (though, I still don't know if I'd call the sound BM anyway).

Edited by Morbii

A mixture of various kinds of metal:

Antestor (newest album featured Hellhammer on drums, believe it or not)

Arvinger

Acoustic Torment

Evroklidon

Immortal Souls

Eternus

Margorium

Excurses

Horde

Royal Anguish

Renascent

Sympathy

Tourniquet

Requital

Slechtvalk

Frosthardr

I can keep going if you like.

Even though this thread got lead a little astray, Underoath have a new song up on their Purevolume page. And as someone who didn't download their unmastered new album, I must say it's pretty wicked.

Okay... so the new album is out... it is for the most part heavier than "They're Only Chasing Safty" and Spencer is using his voice in a very different way... he's going a lot lower with his screams than he did on most of "TOCS", which is a nice touch because it makes the screams more dynamic and gives them more than a monotone air to them than most other screamo bands

... I got the Special edition of it ... (with the DVD)... which i was kinda shocked with... it lasted about 20 minutes or something ;)

Yes, it took a little while but this album really grew on me. I was expecting more of a "They're Only Chasing Safety 2" but this album is way better. The screaming is amazing. After listening to this I put on some Alexisonfire and I couldn't listen to more than one song. George's screaming (alexisonfire) is so bland and fairly consistent for the entire song or even album but this guy (underoath) is fucking all over the place. Its awesome.

Plus the music, the lyrics, everything, this is a great album. I highly recommend it to anyone who can handle a little heavy music.

Songs that stand out:

You're Ever So Inviting

A Moment Suspended In Time

Writing On The Walls

Edit: Yeah, I guess thats kinda what Beckoning.To.Sleep said... meh, I'll keep my little pseudo review up there anyway.

Edited by mrjones

Guest jsunC

my friend lent me 'they're only chasing safety' cause he thought i would like it. I haven't listened to it yet, but this thread has inspired me to go have a listen.

Nickelback > UnderOATH

Hell nahh. I don't even like Underoath that much, but there's no way Nickelback is better than that band. Or any band.

i dont like listening to them screaming about jesus.

Underoath sings about Jesus?

Nah, they're a very religious band but they don't preach anything. They just make it known that the reason they play music is because of God.

It was funny seeing Fat Mike from NOFX bash them about it, right before they came on at the Warped Tour.

On an other note, their new album hasn't left my car stereo since I bought it a month ago. Its fucking amazing. ;)

i think the new one is really good. it's a really natural progression, i think, for them. i think it's sweet,

Yeah, after repeated listens I can say that it doesn't hit the highs of Define The Great Line. It seems like they tried to focus more on their short-schizophrenic-slap-you-around-type of heavier songs rather than their more experimental side. Which isn't a bad thing; the beginning of "The Only Survivor Was Miraculously Unharmed" is fantastic.

This record definitely has its moments though. The drumming is fantastic and the screaming is top notch. I'd give it a good 4/5 I think.

What other heavy albums from this year are you listening to?