S.E. Hardy

Buffalo Ny Oct. 14, 2005 (merged)

I don't remember the correct order, but this is what he played...

He did open with Tripoli though and the order of the encore is correct.

Tripoli (accoustic)

Near Fantastica

Hello Timb Bomb

Alert Status Red

Everything is Automatic

Avalanche

Load Me Up

Suburbia

Weapon

Oh Be Joyful

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

Apparitions (accoustic)

Giant

21st Century Living

Advertising on Police Cars

I felt really bad for the second opening band. The crowd was pretty unforgiving to them. One highlight:

Opening Band: "thanks buffalo, we have one more song"

Concertgoer Yells: "we'd rather be shot"

The 2nd opening band was really quite awful, but MG impressed yet again.

They were really ripping into that band quite a bit though. I mean I know the band really sucked, but yelling constantly "GET OFF THE STAGE AND GO HOME" was getting pretty ridiculous...and it wasn't just one person...it was like a group of 10...LOL... The first band, Blue Jimmy (which definitely needs a new name), wasn't too great either. The guy was freaking me out with his weird ass smile.

But MG did a great job. Probably second best MG show out of the 4 I've been to. I was really hoping he'd play The Rat Who Would Be King and Big City Life though.

We went to this concert last night...it was AWESOME. Granted, we were a little discouraged and disappointed in Club Infinity...but it was the first time we had been there. Had we known Matthew Good wasn't going to be on until after 10 pm, we would not have shown up at 6:45. My feet and legs are killing me today from standing for 5 1/2 hours! ;) But it was worth it.

Blue Jimmy - while they are good in their own genre, I don't think it was a great band to open for MG.

Odiorne - my husband likes them and wants their CD. I felt pretty bad for them - I think they would've been great as the sole opener rather than making MG fans, like us, wait through another band.

I appreciate the setlist that was posted! My husband and I could not remember everything.

We are so thankful he came to Buffalo!! We cannot express how great it was. It was just awesome. We saw him with MGB in Toronto in 2001. "Everything is Automatic" is such a great song to sing live. :angry:

That was me. And I yelled "Better be short". But I like what you heard better.

The second band was so emo it hurt. It was terrible. They sucked hardcore. No crowd interaction and the singer couldn't hold a tune to save his life. Not to mention the drummer looked about ready to go into cardiac arrest any second.

As for the real reason I went to the show. Matt was excellent as always, but what really impressed me was the crowd. Kudos to keeping the drunken frat boys to a minimum.. and for giant.

2-3 minutes solid of "K-I-C-K-A-S-S" was fucking AWESOME. I'm sure they didn't intend to play that as an encore, but when an entire club is shouting for you to sing a song, you sing that song.

As a matter of fact, this was probably the best crowd I've seen in years.

Overall, great show.

I'd also like to thank the doorman, who sold us 3 more tickets after the show sold out. Which was lucky, since I drove to buffalo from toronto (and only missed the last tickets by 10 mins or so). Had me worried, but it all worked out in the end.

The setlist was: Man from Harold Wood plying thru speakers as the band came out.

Tripoli (acoustic)

Near Fantastica

HTB

ASR

EIA

Suburbia

Avalanche

O Be Joyful

Load Me Up

Blue Skies

Weapon

Apparitions (acoustic)

Then they left. The crowd started the "K-I-C-K-A-S-S" cheer until it started playing the opening thru the speakers, then the band came out and played Giant

21st Century Living

Advertising on Police Cars (acoustic)

Edited by S.E. Hardy

That was me. And I yelled "Better be short". But I like what you heard better.

The second band was so emo it hurt. It was terrible. They sucked hardcore. No crowd interaction and the singer couldn't hold a tune to save his life. Not to mention the drummer looked about ready to go into cardiac arrest any second.

As for the real reason I went to the show. Matt was excellent as always, but what really impressed me was the crowd. Kudos to keeping the drunken frat boys to a minimum.. and for giant.

2-3 minutes solid of "K-I-C-K-A-S-S" was fucking AWESOME. I'm sure they didn't intend to play that as an encore, but when an entire club is shouting for you to sing a song, you sing that song.

As a matter of fact, this was probably the best crowd I've seen in years.

Overall, great show.

I'd also like to thank the doorman, who sold us 3 more tickets after the show sold out. Which was lucky, since I drove to buffalo from toronto (and only missed the last tickets by 10 mins or so). Had me worried, but it all worked out in the end.

Haha... me and my friend could have sworm you said "we'd rather be shot"... we were laughing for like 5 minutes on that one... at the same time feeling sorry for the band. I was like right in front of you guys I think...were you on the left side by Christian about 4 rows back?

And yeah, the crowd was absolutely awesome. People actually chilled and listened to the music. When he started playing Hello Timb Bomb I was waiting to get stomped on, but people just stood and enjoyed the song. Any song that was shouted for were all non-singles which I think made Matt feel like he was catering to better crowd.

Me and the 2 people in front of me started the Giant chant ;) I'm glad it spread and we got the entire crowd going. I was actually wondering too on whether or not they were planning on playing Giant. As loud as we were all shouting I guess they couldn't refuse either way.

The Buffalo show at Club Infinity on Friday was my first Matt Good show, and I must say I was impressed. Matt has been my favorite artist since I first saw a few videos from MGB on MuchMusic about 5 years ago. I live in Ohio, and no one knows him here as I have mentioned before. I teach high school students, and they all wondered who I was talking about when I told them I was going to see Matthew Good in Buffalo on Friday. The 3 hour drive from Cleveland, Ohio, along with the almost 4 hour wait once indside the club was worth it. The setlist was awesome; I was so glad I got to hear some of my favorites like 'Suburbia', 'Near Fantastica,' 'Load Me Up' and even '21st Century Living.' Matt also added to the enjoyment with some humorous comments about the MLB baseball playoffs being on in the background (the TVs were soon turned off) and the high price of concert tickets (he mentioned his wife, for some reason, is going to see Gwen Stefani and the tickets are really expensive). My girlfriend, who likes country, also was impressed with Matt although she thought a lot of the songs sounded the same. I didn't agree with her of course.

As noted in another thread, I also thought one of the opening bands, Odiorne, was not too good from what I heard. The lead singer, who was formerly (or maybe still) in the band Mercury Rev from Buffalo, barely looked at the crowd and didn't sing too well. Some of the music wasn't bad though. I didn't know that fans were yelling and booing them even though I was standing on the right side about 10-20 feet from the stage. I wouldn't do that to an opening band, but it's still funny to know since they did seem to have no personality.

Check Odiorne's myspace page for some good stuff.

www.myspace.com/odiorne. If you look at the blog on the right under 'Upcoming Shows', the band rips Matthew Good fans and wonders why they would boo an opening band. Click on the 'view more' link on the Club Infinity, Buffalo section to read.

um no i dont. just because you dont like a band doesnt mean you have a right to scream 'fuck you you suck" to them. i dont even know how you could consider yourself a matthew good fan with that kind of attitude towards people. his music is totally about understanding and being open minded. you obviously just like it because it sounds good while you drink beer. but go ahead and make fun of something you dont understand.

There was a group of 5 or 6 people in front of me and my sister who we're both drunk and assholes (from the moment MG came onstage, they kept yelling 'APPARITIONS!!!'), but other than those people, I had no problems. I wasn't really fond of either of the opening bands (especially since I was so anxious to hear MG) but I clapped at the end of their songs and recognized how badly it must suck to be an opening act that everyone is just sitting thru, like the commercials before a movie.

um no i dont. just because you dont like a band doesnt mean you have a right to scream 'fuck you you suck" to them. i dont even know how you could consider yourself a matthew good fan with that kind of attitude towards people. his music is totally about understanding and being open minded. you obviously just like it because it sounds good while you drink beer. but go ahead and make fun of something you dont understand.

Yes you have the right. Certainly these people have emotions, but if someone is going to put on a shitty show, as a concert goer it's your duty to heckle them, because otherwise we'll all end up getting the same mediocre shit that they show on MTV and Much Music.