borkborkbork

After The Toronto Show (merged)

hands down the best concert I've been to. I have vids of all but weapon, apparitions acoustic (already have) and my camera cutout half way through police cars. I'll upload later. Matt will also have them on his website after I send to him. Met Matt after the show and he signed my 3 in a coma discs and the cover. K-I-C-K-A-S-S!!!

Yeah, I got 2 of those huge posters, got Matt to sign it after the show, along with my In A Coma booklet, and one of the stickers.

Ladies and Gents were awesome, so was the show. Very close to call which was better, this or the Kool Haus show last year.

Chatted with Matt for a couple minutes on the bus after the show, my third time meeting him. Super cool, was nice of him to take his time to chat individually.

i believe he just meant that because it was recorded during Audio of Being, it wasn't the way he wanted cause he was fighting the other band members, and now that he's on his own he can play it how he wants.. or something to that effect, i remember he explained it at another show i was at..

..though i could be completely off base..

Random thoughts:

Oh hey, I met Krissy. Dude, I'd trade my eternal soul for a poster.

The setlist was most likely the best I've seen so far, of the 5 shows I've been too. PTD, Suburbia, Avalanche, The Rat, Giant and Advertising.. stand out.

The ladies & gentlemen were decent. The aforementioned dude on the keyboards was hilarious with his "thank you Toronto" after his weirdo keyboard solo.

Man I need sleep

Maybe he's pissed I took it as a user name. They lined up near the big tour bus. Does anyone know if he does that in shows that aren't Toronto or other big cities?

Yeah, every show I've seen in the last three years is the same. Just look for the bus. That's where you'll find them. Wait a few minutes and Matt and co will usually come out and say hello, sign stuff etc.

Last year Matt sat on the bus steps and everyone got th chance the say hello without crowding him. It was nice.

They're easy to meet if you just look for the bus. It was teal green before. I don't know what it is now though.

I'll find out on November 1st!

i was trying to give you one, i mentioned i had them when we were in the concert, and then when we were all walking out you started walking a differant way, so i was all like ok, no poster for Sean..

..but i'll give you one, and you won't even have to give me your soul, just your address..

well, everyone is going to be really happy. My bootleg of the shows sounds really really good. Maybe even better than the Kool Haus recording. When i get home in a couple days, I'll start working on releasing it.

is it flac format?

So, last night was my 6th time seeing Matt, and easily one of the best (if not best) shows he's played (that I've seen).

I took a crapload of pictures with my friend's camera, and he's going to send them to me soon so I'll try and get some up on here...

The Ladies And Gentlemen (in my opinion) were awesome... That Thomas D'Arcy guy is amazing. I met him after the show and told him. Hehe. So yeah, I know there were mixed reviews on this band, but I thought it was friggin awesome.

I managed to write down the setlist on my cell as the show went on.. so here it is for whoever is wondering:

- Before/as the band took the stage, The Man From Harold Wood was playing

1. Prime Time Deliverance (acoustic)

2. Tripoli (acoustic)

3. Near Fantastica

4. Load Me Up

5. Hello Time Bomb

6. Suburbia

7. The Rat Who Would Be King

8. Oh Be Joyful

9. Everything Is Automatic

10. Avalanche

11. Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

12. Weapon

13. Apparitions (acoustic)

ENCORE

14. Giant

15. Alert Status Red

16. Advertising On Police Cars

So basically, for me, this was such a stellar show because for once I was practically front row (wouldn't be surprised if I got hit with Matt's sweat once or twice) and the setlist was fuckin amazing. He played probably 5 or 6 songs that are favourites of mine that I've only dreamed of hearing live. Amazing show. Highlight for me would have to be Suburbia because when I met Matt back in July he promised me he'd play it in the fall. It's my favourite song.

After the show, I ended up meeting Matt for the THIRD time. He was signing stuff at his bus, and as soon as I stepped up he said "We've met before!" It was so sweet. I asked him if he really remembered and he said of course he did. I got an InAComa poster signed and I FINALLY got a picture with him. When I left I shook his hand and thanked him again and he said "You're very welcome dear". Holy crap, I love that man.

BEST.NIGHT.EVER.

well, everyone is going to be really happy. My bootleg of the shows sounds really really good. Maybe even better than the Kool Haus recording. When i get home in a couple days, I'll start working on releasing it.

I've got bandwidth to spare to mirror it for a few days if you want to get in touch with me, I'll hook you up.

t.

(canadaboy)_*AT* ##gmail##(DAWT)&com&

(just remove the crap and you'll get my address,y know)

Hey Guys,

I thought the show was the most energetic one I've been to. Certain parts of the show were electric. Avalanche remains my favourite live song. The only way I can describe it is EPIC.

My friend and I decided to start the K-I-C-K-A-S-S cheer before the encore, and it didn't take the long for the place to catch on. We went nuts when they came on and played Giant. Everyone around us went nuts. It was a night to remeber for sure. It felt shorter than his previous shows.

I actually missed Primtime and Tripoli (cry), how were they? Did anyone record it?

L.

well, everyone is going to be really happy.  My bootleg of the shows sounds really really good.  Maybe even better than the Kool Haus recording.  When i get home in a couple days, I'll start working on releasing it.

is it flac format?

Always Flac,

the only mp3s that we will be putting out are going to Matt because after speaking with him last night...

Well we're sending him a few tracks first before releasing it to the hub.

Jessie I didn't know you were there I would have given you a high five man. oh well.

man some of you need to read this thread before you start asking questions...

I have vids of everything except weapon, apparitions, and half of police cars...i'm uploading them now 484MB's...it'll take awhile.

and someone already said they bootlegged the whole show...so quite wasting space and read the thread...anyways stand by and I should have the links for the vids up by the evening.

Dan

P.S. Goddamn fat hippie chick almost ruined the show...I think I got the best of her though...I'll explain when I post the vids)

P.S.S. Check this picture out. All 3 IAC discs signed and the case too: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QcOHLlo2bsTU

Edited by Hoverball

i was trying to give you one, i mentioned i had them when we were in the concert, and then when we were all walking out you started walking a differant way, so i was all like ok, no poster for Sean..

..but i'll give you one, and you won't even have to give me your soul, just your address..

Well aren't I an idiot. I lost you 3 in the crowd and figured I'd might as well start walking. Of course knowing my luck you were right in front of me and just didn't see you.

Oh, and I shall be eternally grateful.

Okay I'm just uploading this into a ZIP file, but when I edit this post, it will include the link to the following separate files (when unzipped):

- Prime Time(acoustic)

- Tripoli (acoustic)

- Near Fantastica

- Load Me Up

- Hello Time Bomb

- Suburbia

- The Rat Who Would Be King

- Oh Be Joyful

- Everything is Automatic

- Avalanche

- Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

ENCORE

- Crowd chanting Giant theme, into Giant, into Alert Status Red

- Advertising on Police Cars (first 1:22 of song - ran out of space on my camera)

I didn't record:

- Weapon

- Apparitions (acoustic) - I had this from last year's tour

See you in a bit,

Dan

Anyone know what he was talking about when he said that Rat had been "stolen" from him, and he was "stealing it back"? I should've asked him...

I'm thinking it was a reference to U2's Rattle and Hum; the album opens with U2 covering The Beatles' "Helter Skelter," before which Bono says, "Charles Manson stole this song from the Beatles... we're stealing it back."

PS, I haven't been on an MG/MGB message board for years! At the show last night I was wondering if there still was one... hi!

Anyone know what he was talking about when he said that Rat had been "stolen" from him, and he was "stealing it back"? I should've asked him...

I'm thinking it was a reference to U2's Rattle and Hum; the album opens with U2 covering The Beatles' "Helter Skelter," before which Bono says, "Charles Manson stole this song from the Beatles... we're stealing it back."

PS, I haven't been on an MG/MGB message board for years! At the show last night I was wondering if there still was one... hi!

HI! welcome.

Hey guys,

For the ones in attendance, did MG play the acoustic version of PTD via "Rooms' without the chorus at the end? Or did he do it more along the lines of Underdogs with lyrics "You have and You Hold..." at the end??

Just curious what version he plays live as it is my fav MG tune....

Cheers,

JK

P.S. Still looking for those zips of the individual live recordings...that will be stellar to hear.