borkborkbork

After The Toronto Show (merged)

Well aren't I an idiot. I lost you 3 in the crowd and figured I'd might as well start walking. Of course knowing my luck you were right in front of me and just didn't see you.

Oh, and I shall be eternally grateful.

yeah, we started going across the street cause we parked there and i saw you going the other way, but i was like, i've stalked you enough for one evening, so i thought i'd just let you keep walking..

Edited by shadowkitten

Hey guys,

For the ones in attendance, did MG play the acoustic version of PTD via "Rooms' without the chorus at the end? Or did he do it more along the lines of Underdogs with lyrics "You have and You Hold..." at the end??

Just curious what version he plays live as it is my fav MG tune....

Cheers,

JK

P.S. Still looking for those zips of the individual live recordings...that will be stellar to hear.

PTD was sung with the original ending tacked on, only without the 'have and you hold' section.

"This is it, this is it

Prime time deliverance

x2

She says the best thing you can do

is hang around awhile"

And thanks Krissy, but stalkers are always welcome! ;)

Hey, I'm Jeff. I'm new.

Yesterday, was my first Matt Good concert and I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end...well, except for the change over in between bands (but it did help build my anticipation).

Favourite part was the opening. Matt silhouetted and then going into the acoustic Prime Time Deliverance was awesome. He played most of my favourites, although I would have preferred the acoustic version of Hello Time Bomb (I can't seem to get that one out of head lately...). I also enjoyed his comments concerning the early start time...heh heh...my thoughts exactly...

All in all, a fantastic show.

Okay I'm just uploading this into a ZIP file, but when I edit this post, it will include the link to the following separate files (when unzipped):

- Prime Time(acoustic)

- Tripoli (acoustic)

- Near Fantastica

- Load Me Up

- Hello Time Bomb

- Suburbia

- The Rat Who Would Be King

- Oh Be Joyful

- Everything is Automatic

- Avalanche

- Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

ENCORE

- Crowd chanting Giant theme, into Giant, into Alert Status Red

- Advertising on Police Cars (first 1:22 of song - ran out of space on my camera)

I didn't record:

- Weapon

- Apparitions (acoustic) - I had this from last year's tour

See you in a bit,

Dan

As promised - http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LXFHS5...7H1AHBB9DF9NYJG

484 MB's good for 7 days or 25 uploads. I'm not uploading again, so whoever downloads this, have the courtesy to re-upload again later when this link is done.

PattieC, Vance & Badseed - Don't download this, I'm emailing you a different link.

I think people should send me some NF$ ;)

Anyways, I also mentioned my fat hippie chick complaint:

So we're enjoying the show from the third row centre, my friend was short, so we worked around the crowd to get a good view. This couple even switched places so he (tall) would be out of our way. So we're listening to Matt finish Avalanche and this fat blonde hippe chick with piercings and an ugly pink striped top, does this kamikaze jump through the crowd to get closer and ends up between me, my girlfriend and our friend. She has the nerve to sit there with her hair in my girlfriends face while we complain loudly about her. Not taking the hint, I tap her on the shoulder and tell her to move over (which thankfully she does). But then she has the nerve to start bitching to me. So I say to her, look I didn't wait in line for 2 hours so some fat chick can bud in front of us and wreck our view. Then she says haven't you been to a concert before. and I say yeah, but I haven't had to deal with some stupid fat bitch like you who thinks they can throw her weight around. So we keep bickering until Blue Skies starts and she shut her mouth after that. Then when the concert ends, she says faggot as she pushes past me. Great comeback considering I'm holding my girlfriend in front of me the whole concert and she saw us kissing many times.

Honestly, if everyone in the world did what she did, there would be a riot at every concert.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it is not my intention. I only want to offend the FHC.

Thanks,

Dan

Wow. FHC sounds like a real bitch. I've had that kind of thing happen to me before, like people dancing like they're at the fucking Roxbury while Weapon is going on and getting in the way of our view (I think that happened at the Mod Club show). Mostly I just manage to shuffle away from the assholes I encounter.

Right when the concert started, I heard loud mentioning of "that girl is such a fucking slut", and I was around 3rd row centre as well. Hmmm.

I thought the switchups between sets was fast, and I was really pleased with the doors being opened right at 5, and the Ladies and Gents taking stage before 6.

Okay I'm just uploading this into a ZIP file, but when I edit this post, it will include the link to the following separate files (when unzipped):

- Prime Time(acoustic)

- Tripoli (acoustic)

- Near Fantastica

- Load Me Up

- Hello Time Bomb

- Suburbia

- The Rat Who Would Be King

- Oh Be Joyful

- Everything is Automatic

- Avalanche

- Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

ENCORE

- Crowd chanting Giant theme, into Giant, into Alert Status Red

- Advertising on Police Cars (first 1:22 of song - ran out of space on my camera)

I didn't record:

- Weapon

- Apparitions (acoustic) - I had this from last year's tour

See you in a bit,

Dan

As promised - http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LXFHS5...7H1AHBB9DF9NYJG

484 MB's good for 7 days or 25 uploads. I'm not uploading again, so whoever downloads this, have the courtesy to re-upload again later when this link is done.

PattieC, Vance & Badseed - Don't download this, I'm emailing you a different link.

I think people should send me some NF$ ;)

So we're enjoying the show from the third row centre, my friend was short, so we worked around the crowd to get a good view. This couple even switched places so he (tall) would be out of our way. So we're listening to Matt finish Avalanche and this fat blonde hippe chick with piercings and an ugly pink striped top, does this kamikaze jump through the crowd to get closer and ends up between me, my girlfriend and our friend. She has the nerve to sit there with her hair in my girlfriends face while we complain loudly about her. Not taking the hint, I tap her on the shoulder and tell her to move over (which thankfully she does). But then she has the nerve to start bitching to me. So I say to her, look I didn't wait in line for 2 hours so some fat chick can bud in front of us and wreck our view. Then she says haven't you been to a concert before. and I say yeah, but I haven't had to deal with some stupid fat bitch like you who thinks they can throw her weight around. So we keep bickering until Blue Skies starts and she shut her mouth after that. Then when the concert ends, she says faggot as she pushes past me. Great comeback considering I'm holding my girlfriend in front of me the whole concert and she saw us kissing many times.

Honestly, if everyone in the world did what she did, there would be a riot at every concert.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it is not my intention. I only want to offend the FHC.

Thanks,

Dan

For some reason I can't open The Giant/alert track but everything else works fine. any ideas?

[ snip ]

I feel your pain. I had these two little ditzy blonde girls beside me the whole show. they kept encroaching on my space, and managed to blab through all of the quiet songs. I was pretty good at tuning them out, but the guy on the other side of them got fed up and told them to be quiet during the quiet songs, and they got all pissy. The one beside me turned to me and said goes 'he's so rude, you're not bothered by us are you?' to which I replied 'only by your constant nattering during the quiet parts, otherwise, I have no problems with you'. She just gave me THE LOOK and from then on they were much better.

Some people just don't get it.

Yea, the show was absolutely amazing as always. This was my third time seeing Matt live, I think my fave show was when he was on the Avalanche tour playing at The Drink in London, maybe I love that one the best because it was my first Matt Good concert, but it was amazing. At the beginning of the show they had a laser set up that said "hello" and conversely, at the end "goodbye" and the Dears opened for them, and the crowd was just so excited they all kept yelling things out to him and matt was like "I think we should just set up a microphone and people can just line up and say whatever they want to say" or something to that effect. I wanted to meet Matt, I saw him sitting on the stairs in the tour bus before the show, but by the time it ended my back was sooo sore and I was so tired, I was practically falling asleep during the L&G. Next time though. At the Mod Club show I got to touch him during near fantastica, and at this past concert I bought the Cd/Dvd dealy that came with an autographed poster, so im coming closer in small increments.

Can someone get me these files that Dan upped? I have a server here with a 3 x T1's, and would be glad to host it.

PM me, or e-mail me at "larry at dapasoft dot com"

Can someone get me these files that Dan upped? I have a server here with a 3 x T1's, and would be glad to host it.

PM me, or e-mail me at "larry at dapasoft dot com"

Larry,

I'll email you the links for the files in 4 parts, but don't send these links to anyone else. It's exclusive for Matt Good, you and the people I attended with. Once you have them uploaded to your TX, feel free to share.

For whoever else...Not sure what happened on your end with Giant/ASR, but it works fine here.

Thanks,

Dan

Absolutely amazing show. The setlist couldn't have been much better.

The ladies and gentlemen were ....alright. The tambourine guy was good for a laugh.

I wish I would've stuck around to meet Matt after the show. Getting home to our baby was the main thing on our minds. What was I thinking?.....where are my priorities???

Dan,

Sounds good - I'll be happy to host it for MG, and the people at the show. I'll let everyone know as soon as I get the files, and you guys can PM me if you want the link.

Thanks again dan!

L.