Moonlight_Graham

How Rare Is That Ottawa Acoustic Show?

Never been to an MG concert. But i'd imagine seeing MG in a bar that only holds 250 people and watching him play an all-acoutsic set would be a pretty rare opportunity.

Has he done this stuff before? You think he'll do it sometime in the future? I can't go to the concert, so i'm just wondering on what i'm missing out on.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

My guess is you might be seeing that more than the band, after this tour is up. Seems like he's wanted to do some solo acoustic stuff for a while, and he's really getting into it now.

Hey! I just got back from the acoustic show in Ottawa aswell. It was the first time I've seen MG in concert, although I've missed out on a few good opportunities in the past. I have to say it was pretty awesome. He talked with the crowd, took some song requests, and the whole experience was very intimate. He played a "new" song, aswell (He said something like "You're the first people to ever hear that song.") to start it off. It was very good, but, sadly, I'll be damned if I can remember it.

11AM! holy shit! I got there at 3 and I was about the 50th guy in the place.

The show rocked....as much as an acoustic show can.

Good thing about sitting back towards the back, We were sitting right next to Christian, Rich, the drummer (haha, can't think of his name, talked to him for a bit though, told him about my video) and the manager.

Got the manager's business card. i'm going to send him the Video I was going to put up on here. So, unfortunately I won't be posting a link to the video up on here anymore for now......

I'll take my chance at something possibly better.

Great show, great new tune

2 questions:

Does anyone know the setlist? And did Matt have anyone doing keyboards for the acoustic songs?

Edit- Never mind the first question. I just checked mg.org and found it. Apparently the new song was called "Breath of a Nation.

Setlist

Breath Of A Nation

Prime Time Deliverance

Tripoli

Apparitions

Oh Be Joyful

Generation X-Wing

Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run

Empty Road

In A World Called Catastrophe

Edited by daniel_v

yeah, i was impressed with the turnout... i got there at 4:00 and was half expecting there to be only 20 people or so... i was something like number 330. the bouncer guy said they'd let in 350 people, and that after me was about 20 more... it was freakin' cold, too; i feel bad for those that waited for nothing.

the show was really entertaining; i loved how interactive it was. breath of a nation is so pretty...

i think the best part was that there were these drunk university girls in front of me, totally rocking out... to ACOUSTIC songs... kinda funny.

Anyone have a bootleg of the new song for an Ottawa fan that was heavily pissed off when he realized he had to head to Montreal the weekend he was playing?

I bootlegged the show.... I got everything and it sounds awesome... In the next few days I should have it ready to spread to the community

11AM!  holy shit!  I got there at 3 and I was about the 50th guy in the place.

Good thing about sitting back towards the back, We were sitting right next to Christian, Rich, the drummer (haha, can't think of his name, talked to him for a bit though, told him about my video) and the manager.

Got the manager's business card.  i'm going to send him the Video I was going to put up on here.  So, unfortunately I won't be posting a link to the video up on here anymore for now......

i got there at 3:00 also, you must've been right by me. who was around you? i came from winnipeg to see this show, and i'm also heading to the capitol theatre tonight to see that show.

edit: you were with scot, i was about 5 - 6 people infront of you

Edited by zach

11AM!  holy shit!  I got there at 3 and I was about the 50th guy in the place.

Got the manager's business card.  i'm going to send him the Video I was going to put up on here.  So, unfortunately I won't be posting a link to the video up on here anymore for now......

i got there at 3:00 also, you must've been right by me. who was around you? i came from winnipeg to see this show, and i'm also heading to the capital theatre tonight to see that show.

Hopefully you already have tickets for tonight? ;)

Anyone have a couple decent pics of the show? I totally forgot my camera and Matt hasn't put any on his archive.

I know one dude like filled up his memory card with pictures (even though they must have all looked pretty much the same) Cool anyways though.

But yeah, I'd appreciate it thx.

i had a really shitty disposable camera because i forgot mine and picked one up while in line.

there isn't one good one. haha

shit, next time you're in Ottawa, we'll have to go for a beer then!

You got to see both spectrums of the music, acoustic and rock, which is awesome!

Wish I could have made it into the capital

Oh! And did you see the bum guy helping people park on York? That guy was two hours of solid entertainment!

haha yea, he pretty much passed all the time. with his rolled up newspaper in his hand, and the best was that family of 3 in the red toyota, and i have no idea what was being said, but all i could hear was the bum yelling "goof"

also that guy when we were all being let in who was all "shit this isn't the line up for bare fax? i've been waiting here 2 hours" he just looked stunned and terribly dissappointed. he then proceeded to go see strippers.

also that guy when we were all being let in who was all "shit this isn't the line up for bare fax? i've been waiting here 2 hours" he just looked stunned and terribly dissappointed. he then proceeded to go see strippers.

hahaha, I heard him say he was waiting in line for half an hour, waiting for the strip club. he looked happy that he could go right on in.

Though, he totally budged in line if he was only waiting for half an hour.....budger.....