benneb

A History Of Violence

who understood the ending to that movie?

hmmm, I think at the beginning when he said to her, I know you still love me, I can see it in your eyes. And then at the end, when he was looking at her, he didn't see that love in her eyes anymore so it hurt him? or something like that. It was definetly confusing thats for sure.

Obviously it was left up to interpretation, the way I saw it was that in his attempt to wip away his past to maintain his family, he subsequently lost that bond he had with them, whether or not I will be rebuilt is another story, but at least the daughter was trying.

I enjoyed the book and thought as a movie although it wasn't straight forward it was an excellent departure from the normal crap that passes for a movie these days, for example "Into the Blue" the worst movie I have seen in 10 years.

I just watched this movie yesterday and thought it was very powerful. I think anyone can understand whatever they want from the ending and that's basically the point. To me, he sat at the table and they had dinner together like in every other day, the meaning of this is that even though all of the violence he has gone through and his family knows it now, they carry on acting like a regular normal family.