Guest some guy

The Ladies And Gentlemen

Alright, so I saw them on the television just a while ago, and I thought. "Oh yeah, that's kind of cool... the all white thing alright." and then Matt Good popped up onto the screen and it said that they were opening for him on his latest tour. "Matt apparently saw our stuff, and called us up to go on the tour. It really is an honour" Now I sort of want to check out their stuff.

Anyone one one of their better songs?

I think it was that new E! Canada show, either that or just E!. I don't really watch it, it's just on between shows my family watches and I just got home from work.

I actually just picked up the Ladies and Gentlemen CD after listening to it on my break (I work at a music store) and I really like it. It reminds me alot of the American Analog Set--it's excellent background music. How they play live is going to be a big part of their awesomeness; I'm looking forward to seeing them in Calgary when Matt and company roll around.

Just got back from the second Winnipeg show. Met the guys in The Ladies and Gentlemen, and Pat ;) . The lead singer/bassist (Tom, I think his name was) wanted me and my friend to go to Edmonton with them, when we declined the offer he tried to convince us to go to The Zoo for ammature strip night (there's a $30 grand prize, I'm told), but guessing that our dignity was worth more than $30, we declined that offer too. But, we did get to grab his ass and he showed us his boxers, so the night was not wasted. Good times.

i met them after the matt good show in kingston. they're really nice guys! i was talking to the singer and i was saying that i really liked their music, and he was like "ya, i'm amazing", so i asked if he was amazingly drunk, and he told me that if you're gonna do anything, whether its drinking or playing music, you've got to put all you've got into it. such a wise man.

I have now seen the Ladies and Gentlemen twice. Once was over the summer when Sloan played a free show in Fort Erie, and it seemed alot of people were in to them. Next I saw with them with Matt in Toronto.

When I first saw them, they seemed a little to poppy for me. But now that I heard them again, I realize they sound a little like the Kaiser Chiefs (who I think are great).

Ladies and Gentlemen are ok with me. Even if I do like the Carnations a little bit more.

I saw The Ladies and Gentlemen open for Matt Good a few months ago and i didnt like them right away, but then I listened to the songs online and fell in love and bought the cd right away. I remember the live show having a lot more energy than the cd does but its great anyway.

oh, and the guitarist did look Exactly like Matt Good, it freaked me out

Edited by diana