lcpja

Paying to much for movies?

Movies are far too exspensive... why if they were cheaper i would go to more. I feel that over $10 dollars is a joke (unless for a premium movie). Why cant we just watch movies without burning a hole in our pockets?!

I only pay $6.65, which is pretty fucking cheap.

Only 2 hours away from where i live, the price is double.

I never buy any snacks at a theater anymore...i always sneek stuff in. OOOH i'm so bad...

...oh come on everybody does it.

when I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11 it cost me $8 a person (x2)... and that was weekend matinee... so with parking down town at the premium theater... It totaled out to a $20 dollar evening...

Now I can rent a movie for $5... and then if I'm evil, rip it, and have it forever...

In conclusion, movies are far to expensive... and don't even get me started on the snack bars... I ask for a cup of water once, and they told me that they had to sell the cup at FULL price... that is total BS.

Peace

I've been priced out of going to theaters, especially when the DVD can be had forever at about the cost of just one trip to the theater, minus the annoying assholes disturbing the flow of a great flick.

but the problem with not seeing movies in the theatre is you often have friends who ruin the jokes, or surpris twists (ex: xandi and beckett at the beach...thanks guys)...of course there is a way around paying for movies i call it AIRMILES

no, there is a website, and if you wait a week and the movie lets you have passes, you can get a ticket for two free passes and pop-corn... this of course being famousplayers/silvercity/collosus...which is good when you decide not to be cheap and pay your dates way to the theatre

For me, they are completely worth it.

Movies have a TOTALLY different impact in theatres than they do at home.

But I do think that it is getting a little out of hand. But I know that whatever it costs, I'll still go. Movies are my biggest weakness.

yeah, and some films have to be seen on the big screen for their scale, star wars movies, the LOTRs, troy, spiderman1 & 2...all have to be appreciated on the big screen

Yeah...i really do love seeing movies in the theaters...its just such a shame all the decent theaters in BC are owned by the same company...can anyone say monopoly?

well to be fair, there are cheap "ghetto" theaters...but i hate going to them...because what ends up happening is you are surrounded by a bunch of kids that are smoking pot, or just finished smoking pot and the movie gets pretty ruined...sigh, thats the one problem with BC...all the drugs, EVERYWHERE