Russell

Before You Go (rodchester Kings)

This may be old, but I'm curious if anybody else has noticed that in the last three seconds of Before You Go (Rodchester Kings) the first few notes of Coming Out In Purple are played? I'm not sure if I just have a tampered with mp3 or what, but I find this very strange.

No doubt the song could easily have existed then, but if this mp3 was taken straight off the cassette then why would that be stuck in there? Perhaps he was just playing around with notes and he ended up using it later. Perhaps I'm crazy.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

And, of course, for those of you who do not have it, here's a link so you can check out what I mean!

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GD9JDC...K10C7T8943UC03F

Edited by Russell

Alot of the early stuff is similar in strum patterns, chords and notes played. Remember, at this point Matt was still new at the guitar, being self taught and all. It's not a conspiracy and it's nothing all that amazing.

It's in the same vein as Matt's live playing, he uses similar strumming patterns with the acoustic songs, and they flow better together.

Alot of the early stuff is similar in strum patterns, chords and notes played. Remember, at this point Matt was still new at the guitar, being self taught and all. It's not a conspiracy and it's nothing all that amazing.

It's in the same vein as Matt's live playing, he uses similar strumming patterns with the acoustic songs, and they flow better together.

I do consider this a possibility, but it really doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the song at all. It also kind of comes out of the blue and then gets cut off by the track ending, almost as if it continued on afterwards.

I suppose that this could simply be how Full Moon In Pisces starts out, as it follows Before You Go on the tape. I guess the only way we'll ever know is if somebody ever uploads the other songs.

Maybe it was uploaded off someone's mix tape? - seriously

Could be, except that the sound is somewhat different while still being recognizable as coming out in purple.

I'm curious if that's exactly how it sounds on an original history teacher burn.

I'd never caught that either.

I love how you can listen to things a million times and everytime you listen to it you can catch something new.

Yes :angry: It's one of the many good things.

Nice icon btw. hehe ;)