driftinginfluence

Winnipeg Show Was Unreal

Just got back from the Cowboys show and it was unreal. I saw him there on the Avalanche tour and it was unreal but this was the best MG/MGB show i've ever seen, amazing setlist, and i get to do it all again tommorrow. I hope Avalanche makes it onto the setlist.

Note: the setlist on mg.org was inaccurate, where it says he played Alert Status Red (acoustic) it was really Apparitions (acoustic), Alert Status Red was played full band second song as mentioned. I'm sure it will be corrected.

Good show. Not the best I've seen. Started off amazing though. Became kind of mellow with all the slow songs.

Got to meet the band though and got autographs, which was awesome! Well, all except for Matt who had "had enough". ;)

I also learnt that being right in front of a subwoofer really doesn't help your digital camera.

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

Edited by Emu

Matt had "had enough" in what sense? I thought the crowd was excellent.

Very good show. My flight into Winnipeg was delayed and I ended up going straight from the airport to the show with my sister. It was good times. We'll be there tonight too. I must say I was overjoyed when he played Tripoli acoustically. Wasn't expecting that.

Matt had "had enough" in what sense? I thought the crowd was excellent.

Of signing things, I guess. I don't know. We all went outside to his bus right after the show, and after a while were told by security that it's probably a better idea to wait inside because they don't think he's coming to the bus right away, which was nice of them actually. So I went inside, met the rest of the band, after a while we heard Matt was back at the bus so we all run out there and are stopped by security 10 feet from him and are just told "he's had enough".

I dunno, just kind of put a damper on the evening since I waited around so long to meet him, and get the fourth and final autograph on my IAC cd.

I can't believe how nice Pat is though. Such a cool guy. Same with Christian. We had a nice chat about banjos, haha.

Yes, amazing show, not as good as the one he did at the Burton last year, but still great! Going to the second show in 2 hours!! Can't wait. Hopefully Matt's finger will be okay tonight. ;)

(Is it just me or does the guitarist for the Ladies and the Gentlemen look IDENTICAL to Matt Good circa 1995?)

how did you get you camera in? did you hide it? i wanted to bring one but was afraid they'd just take it away, i'm going again tonight and I want to get some pics.

Just walked in with it. No one cared, even had to show it to them to get through the metal detector.

Just got back from the second show, and apparently the stuff about Matt "having enough" yesterday was complete bullshit from the security guards, Matt had never said anything.

So I got to meet him and got my autograph, my life is probably complete now.

how did you get you camera in? did you hide it? i wanted to bring one but was afraid they'd just take it away, i'm going again tonight and I want to get some pics.

Just walked in with it. No one cared, even had to show it to them to get through the metal detector.

Just got back from the second show, and apparently the stuff about Matt "having enough" yesterday was complete bullshit from the security guards, Matt had never said anything.

So I got to meet him and got my autograph, my life is probably complete now.

;) :angry: