Prometheon

So What Matty Song Do You Like The Least?

For me I'm going to have the say In a World Called Catastrophe. The tune is decent enough, but the vocals and lyrics are so repetitive and they just seem to drone on forever. Ditto for (and I know I'm gonna catch a lot of flack for not liking this one) The Rat Who Would Be King. Very few songs make me skip tracks as quickly as these do.

Coming Out in Purple is also messed up, but it's also unique, so I can't hate it completly. I also used to hate Umbrellaless, but now I actually kinda like it. It's funky.

So what Matt Good songs do you despise and why?

i used to always skip those "long and slow" songs in favour of the "singles" that everyone knows and loves

now that i go back and listen to whole records, all his songs are very well done. sometimes i skip songs, but most of the time i'll listen to them all. depends on my mood.

just recently i'm listening to HOSAM and SOAPS

Every Name is My Name isn't THAT bad...

At first when he's just talking about shit, it's kind of stupid, but near the end, when he's melodically singing the "every name is my name" part it's bearable.

Plus the whole little story he's telling is kind of cool.

Yeah, Poor Man's Grey has such a cool riff, and the part where he's like "there's heart and then there's hate/if one of them's inside of you, the other one it ain't." is so cool.

But then he goes and ruins it with all his stupid city naming. Almost reminds me of that 'global DJs' song if anyone knows what I'm talking about. (it's this horrible dance tune with some robotic chick voice naming various popular cities.)

... I am appalled at the number of people who dislike The Rat Who Would Be King. That song is one of the most artistically indepth songs that Mr. Good has ever made.

But I've never really like IAWCC too much. I Miss New Wave is very hit or miss, for some reason. Some days, I feel the need to skip it, while other days I blast it and love it.

... I am appalled at the number of people who dislike The Rat Who Would Be King. That song is one of the most artistically indepth songs that Mr. Good has ever made.

But I've never really like IAWCC too much. I Miss New Wave is very hit or miss, for some reason. Some days, I feel the need to skip it, while other days I blast it and love it.

Correction, that song is THE most artistically indepth song that Mr. Good has ever made.

Every Name is My Name isn't THAT bad...

At first when he's just talking about shit, it's kind of stupid, but near the end, when he's melodically singing the "every name is my name" part it's bearable.

Plus the whole little story he's telling is kind of cool.

it is that bad, don't argue with me