Thank god nobody said Slipknot or something....

I would have to go with some Intestinal Disgorge.

I love slipknot <3

and i thought that as well, Mark?, i really don't know...

Will Haven is pretty heavy almost constantly ala converge. Catharsis is pretty fucking heavy w/o being straight up "noise" Piecemeal(rip) was fucking hardcore to hell.

Corpse is pretty hard I personally think Six Feet Under is a bit stronger.

Gwar? ? is metal but no where near heavy like what Dan is thinking of. Gwar ps - awesome show. Glassjaw is good as shit but is way not heavy they might not even by hardcore other than who they play with.

One band that isn't hard like your thinking of but look out at a show is the misfits..even today it's pretty sick.

Glassjaw is good as shit but is way not heavy they might not even by hardcore other than who they play with.

Yeah true I was listening to "Siberian Kiss" at the time, and while that song's pretty crazy most of their stuff is not. But they are an amazing band so I figured I could throw the name out there.

Yeah, they sure were pretty rebellious in the 1960s.

Then came Zeppelin, then the Sex Pistols, then Minor Threat and DC hardcore started yelling, then nu-metal kinda kicked out everything but yelling, then modern hardcore and grindcore started celebrating drumming where you can't make out anything but a blur of double-kicks in the drumming.

And now I don't really think a lot of kids rebel by listening to The Beatles anymore.

Ever since rock has come in to existence, the underground's been constantly trying to be one step heavier than what's in the mainstream. Now we're at a point where singers make legitemate attempts to sound like Satan when he's pissed off, meaning one of two things:

1) I just don't have a good enough imagination to think how they could make music (much) heavier.

2) This is kind of just another sign that rock'll be lucky to get 10 more years before it's completely dead.

I had a conversation with a friend about this one time and said, "What's even left? Just sounds of people dying?", to which he responded, "Actually, Fuck The Facts already has a song that does that." That kind of put it in to perspective for me.