Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

I went and finally saw Avatar. People behind me talked through the whole thing.

Anyway, I actually didn't care for it. The graphics were phenominal, but I found it far too long and the script was mediocre at best. I'd probably wouldn't care about the script if it was about 30 minutes shorter... I just ended up getting really bored and with a massive headache from the 3D.

I also picked up Pandium and The Hurt Locker. I watched Pandium and thought it was fucked up, but pretty good. Just Sci-Fi scariness kind of like Event Horizon. I haven't watched the Hurt Locker yet.

I also watched Predator. I bought a box set with all the Alien and Predator movies. I think it's 8 movies and I paid $30 for it at HMV awhile ago.

The Hurt Locker.

Jeremy Renner's performance in this flick is fantastic. Not an action flick by any means, but a great war drama that tells a human story instead of trying to pound your face in with political statements.

Josie and the Pussycats

very good film.

actually a pretty good commentary on how the record labels are programming teenagers into what's good, and how Blue is the new Orange.

trust me, it's actually deeper than you would think.

Sherlock Holmes - it was alright. Nothing that blew me away and I was not a fan of how everything was just matter-of-factly explained, but I hear that's just how the stories went. Probably going to pick up some of Doyles work after this..

I've been on a movie binge lately:

Precious. One of probably 3 movies that have made me cry.

Zombieland. I love zombie/apocalypse movies. It was pretty funny

Law Abiding Citizen. Better than I thought it was going to be. A little predictable, but it was good none the less.

Terminator: Salvation. Better than T3 but still crap.

About 3/4 of Off The Grid: Life on the Mesa. A documentary about a group of... I don't even know what to call them really. They're not anarchists or hippies. They're just kind of crazy and apolitically hateful of government. Which sounds kind of interesting, but I couldn't stop thinking how terribly boring people these crazy people are.