Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

Watched Moon again recently, and have decided that it beats The Hurt Locker for best of 2009, in my opinion anyways. Also watched Hitchhiker's Guide, which I love.

BBC version or the one with Zooey Deschanel?

Seven Samurai - was kinda boring. What's the big fuss on this movie? Influential doesn't = good.

Doubt - pretty good, but weird ending with Meryl Streep crying at the end wtf??

Freddy Got Fingered - A few laughs, certainly not the worst movie ive seen.

Hoop dreams - good, but a bit too long and draggy.

District 9.

Lived up the the hype, though i'm quite PO'd at the non-ending. They could have cut some of the useless scenes in the middle of the film or added an extra 20 minutes to film to make a more satisfying ending. I really want to see the alien world and inside that giant ship dammit. But there will likely be a sequel after Blomkamp finishes his current film project.

The non-ending cliffhanger makes Blomkamp perfect to direct the Halo movie, since Halo 2 has the same non-ending (actually that one was much worse).

Primer.

Super awesome time-travel movie made on a $7000 budget. The most 'believable' and also most confusing time travel movie I've ever seen. Definitely a good one to catch.

I've had that sitting in my computer for nearly a year and I keep forgetting about it. Friend of mine says it's one of his favourites but has always clammed up about the subject matter, said he wants us to find out ourselves. I think it's a must watch at some point soon.

Watched Snatch a few nights back. Good, but nothing I haven't seen before with Lock, Stock... and such.

I need to say it - I was mildly obsessed with Inception for the last two weeks or so and I will still be going to see it within a weeks time, but godammit I cannot wait for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World to come out. I found the books and am enjoying the whole universe immensely. Anybody else on the Pilgrim bandwagon yet?

District 9.

Lived up the the hype, though i'm quite PO'd at the non-ending. They could have cut some of the useless scenes in the middle of the film or added an extra 20 minutes to film to make a more satisfying ending. I really want to see the alien world and inside that giant ship dammit. But there will likely be a sequel after Blomkamp finishes his current film project.

The non-ending cliffhanger makes Blomkamp perfect to direct the Halo movie, since Halo 2 has the same non-ending (actually that one was much worse).

Primer.

Super awesome time-travel movie made on a $7000 budget. The most 'believable' and also most confusing time travel movie I've ever seen. Definitely a good one to catch.

creation - about Charles Darwin, excellent movie

Have seen all of these, pretty good movies.

Primer is actually the most awesome of these but it might be a bit hard to follow at first. Watch it at least twice.