Sign in to follow this  
Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

To stay with the 'consumer economy' tone of the film, from beginning to end there are approximately 73 companies who have product placements shown; from logos to actual items ranging in entertainment, electronics, fashion, food, hygiene, and cars. No money was received from all the product placements in the film.

Ok, just watched Forks over Knives last night (wife won out). It wasn't as bad as I thought going in, it had a good message it just didn't seem to have the same gravitas as Food Inc and wasn't as funny as The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (8/10).. I'll give this one 6.5/10 overall although the message ranks higher.

Drive. Reminds me of Let the Right One In, in the sense that it's a bit of a slow burn movie, punctuated with some extreme acts of violence. I really liked it though. Ryan Gosling definitely has some chops, as does Carey Mulligan, and I don't care what Shay says, I think Carey Mulligan is super cute.

Goon was really good, best one I have seen in theatres in a long time...A.

John Carter....Despite all the negative reviews I thought it was a pretty good movie.

Blade Runner.

Finally got around to it.

It was pretty good. Blade Runner and The Thing should've raped the shit out of E.T. BUT ALAS

Fifty Pills

could have sworn I have seen it before, but still pretty good. C

Just watched Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Excellent movie, but very dark. Just what you'd expect from David Fincher...

Have you watched the original?

21 Jump Street - 8/10 - very hilarious. If you like gross/profane humour, ala Superbad, you'll like it.

I watched Inni, the latest Sigur Ros concert DVD, which I guess kinda counts. It is pretty awesome.

I watched The Grey last night. It was all filmed in Smithers BC which is pretty cool! A little questionable how Liam Neeson is able to survive so well in freezing temperatures but overall it was pretty good!

saw "the devil inside" a few days ago, that's got to be the worst movie ever. stop with the found footage stuff.

Exam. Neat little psychological thriller out of the UK. Minor annoyance with the ending, but overall a good movie.

John Carter. I recommend it for 7 year old girls. And maybe 2 year old boys. I'd watch it again though.

Shawkshank Redemption, for like the 5th time, - 9.5/10

Freddy Got Fingered - mostly hilarious - 9/10

Nixon - 7.5/10 - typical Oliver Stone subject matter, but his directing is a wacky/weird at times with odd dazed flashbacks & "hallucinations" & whatnot. Hopkins does a good job.

Borat

it's my thing, watching movies I must have viewed and bought earlier, just to see if my opinion(s) have changed

this one

3/10