Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

Lady in the Water

although I'm sure 70% of the people who see this movie won't agree with me, I thought it was a great movie. M. Night didn't disappoint me this time. There wasn't any big twist to the movie, it was just an interesting story.

Lady in the Water

although I'm sure 70% of the people who see this movie won't agree with me, I thought it was a great movie. M. Night didn't disappoint me this time. There wasn't any big twist to the movie, it was just an interesting story.

so it's worth checking out?

and I just watched clerks 2 last night

Lady in the Water was excellent, unfortunately, I think I Was the only one of my friends (about 10 of us) that actually got it... and like was said, no big twist, but the movie is very complex in the way that its story was put together and how it unfolds. The message behind it was great as well... again, none of my friends realized that either... I need new friends.

Lady in the Water

so it's worth checking out?

and I just watched clerks 2 last night

Yeah, if you enjoy M. Night, you'll probably like it, although it's not completely like his other stories and it isn't very scarry. Had some surprisingly funny momments, and a great story though. I think the problem was that half the people in the theater didn't have enough brain cells to really get the idea of the movie.

I just saw Memento, and it is one strange film. I enjoyed it though. In the spoiler is a summary of the movie. Does any one agree or disagree that this was what the plot really was about?

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
"Teddy (Joe Pantoliano) did not murder Leonard's (Guy Pearce's) wife (Jorja Fox); he was using Leonard to rip off the drug dealers. It was Leonard himself who accidentally killed his wife. You see, Sammy Jankis (Stephen Tobolowsky) was real, and Leonard *did* investigate his claim, but Sammy wasn't married. Leonard used the Sammy story to block out the memory that it was *his* wife who had diabetes. She actually survived the rape, and died of insulin overdose later, while trying to test Leonard (who developed his "condition" during that assault). Leonard, with the help of Teddy, had already killed the rapist John G. over a year ago. When Teddy reminds Leonard of all these facts, Leonard, in a fit of pique, records Teddy's license plate number, flags it as the killer's, and adds the "Don't believe his lies" note to the Polaroid, thus setting the wheels in motion for Teddy's eventual demise".

I just saw Memento, and it is one strange film. I enjoyed it though. In the spoiler is a summary of the movie. Does any one agree or disagree that this was what the plot really was about?
SPOILER (Highlight to View)
"Teddy (Joe Pantoliano) did not murder Leonard's (Guy Pearce's) wife (Jorja Fox); he was using Leonard to rip off the drug dealers. It was Leonard himself who accidentally killed his wife. You see, Sammy Jankis (Stephen Tobolowsky) was real, and Leonard *did* investigate his claim, but Sammy wasn't married. Leonard used the Sammy story to block out the memory that it was *his* wife who had diabetes. She actually survived the rape, and died of insulin overdose later, while trying to test Leonard (who developed his "condition" during that assault). Leonard, with the help of Teddy, had already killed the rapist John G. over a year ago. When Teddy reminds Leonard of all these facts, Leonard, in a fit of pique, records Teddy's license plate number, flags it as the killer's, and adds the "Don't believe his lies" note to the Polaroid, thus setting the wheels in motion for Teddy's eventual demise".

A fit of pique, huh? I had to look that up.

On another note, I had the unfortunate chance to see Miami Vice. Please, save yourself from this mess of a movie, and watch Bad Boys again. Much better.

Where did Michael Mann go wrong? The style was nice, he just blogged it down with an overly long and talked out script.

Edited by matrix

I work in the motion picture industry in BC and most of the Canadian Indie films I see that hit the festival route are great. Always character driven. Unfortunalely these films never make it to mass distribution because they can't compete with the shit being pumped out by Hollywood studios. Canada should have a rule like they do for radio where a certain percentage of films shown have to be Canadian. It may help get some exposure for these films they otherwise wouldn't get.