Hey, I don't know if there are any fans here, or how many of you might have heard of the band or album, but Institute is a new band formed by Gavin Rossdale.

Their debut album, Distort Yourself is seriously awesome, and I'd encourage all of you to check it out at least once.

They are currently opening for U2 in a lot of cities, and have played a few shows with Theory Of A Deadman. They should be playing in Canada very soon.

I know the album cover doesn't exactly scream edgy rock band, but what can you do? It doesn't change the fact that the CD rocks.

B000ALM4EY.01._PE7_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Edited by DrowningorWaving

Hey, just gonna say to anyone who is interested, there's this fansite called Bulletproofskin.com where you can stream and/or download live footage of the band. So if you wanted to hear a couple of songs or something like that before making up your mind about the band, go there.

Or go directly to the video clips page at

http://bulletproofskin.com/media.php

Includes some live footage, as recently as like 3, 4 days old, and appearances on all the late-night programs, inc. Leno, Letterman, Ferguson, Daly, Kimmel and more.

jimmy.jpg

For me, it's sort of like Golden State. I think Gavin has lost his touch. I miss the Sixteen Stone/Razorblade Suitcase days... ;)

:angry: but gavin is suposed to be the hitmaker... there was a time when i was so obsessed with the song glycerine that i programed the song in 13 times when i went to bed. why 13 times? i have no clue... but i was pretty much ready to name my first born gavin.

Edited by cleric9999

Yeah, Razorblade Suitcase, Sixteen Stone and Science of Things were all awesome. I liked their 'hit' songs (like Swallowed) and some more weird stuff like English Fire and Insect Kin. Ah good old Bush...

That said, Institute isn't bad they're just not mind blowing. I'm a big fan of Bullet Proof Skin, When Animals Attack and Ambulances. The other songs just never really strike me at all.

Nothing rocks harder than Insect Kin. English Fire--I don't know--it's just really bad, there's no melody at all. But besides that, I generally liked ALL of Bush's songs (maybe not My Engine Is With You). Golden State was definitely the weakest out of the four but it had one of the best songs of their career (Float). Institute was so bland it's not even funny. I laughed at all of the used copies at the Beat Goes On; I added mine to the pile.

Yeah Float was pretty awesome and I loved Reasons. But other than that Golden State was kinda bland. Solutions was a very nice way to start the record though.

Also, I wasn't a big fan of Mouth, Communicator, X-Girlfriend and a few other tracks, but mostly I loved em.

Hehe, I just love Alien. Testesterone is really funny, I like Monkey though I know a lot don't like it. Never really understood what's all the hype around Float is about, I don't think it's that good. Headful Of Ghosts is damn catchy. And Solutions is nice.