Monkey

Edmonton Show

Just woundering what everyone thought of the Oct 30 Edmonton Show. I have seen Matt many times and although I really enjoyed the show, He seemed a little off. This would most likely be atributed to the insomnia. I would have to say the high points would have been Prime time Deliveralnce, The accustic set, as well as Avalanche. I have never heard them play that with so much feeling. This just goes to show that while sleep deprived Matt still plays better than most in the biz.

-the pink pills are for your sanity.

I will make this brief as I need to be heading off to bed but of all three shows (29/30/31) the 30th was the best. There was something special going on that night and of the sixteen times I've seen Matthew Good perform that one was second best only to '99 Pepsi Taste Tour. There were so many highlights to the Sunday show, but the setlist was perfect the guys were very tight on stage. Matt was talkative (he said little on the 29th) and it was a very long night clocking in at 98 minutes.

A little surprised that no other Edmonton thread has been made, I started one over on the Double Life to keep everyone updated on the bootleg situation so here goes. All three nights have excellent audio and the last two have digital video. In the thread over there I have posted a song sample from each night and tomorrow I will post one from Monday's show.

I thought the 0ct 30 show was the best one I've seen him play, ever, and I'm sure Gursky agrees. That was my 11th time seeing him and it just barely beat out the second June show last year. Seriously, the "Man from Harold Wood" intro was just incredible. The whole weekend included "Advertising on Police Cars", though, which is always a huge bore to me.

What's the web address for the Double Life?

You can get to the main page for the Double Life forum here and the thread I have with all three Edmonton shows discussed here.

Mr. Rocket is right about the 30th being the best show. Everyone felt it and even Pat said that it rocked hard. He referred to it as their 'jazz night'.

Hey Gursky Great to hear you recorded the shows. I was at the first and second show. During the first show, I was about 5 people away from directly in front of Matt as the stage was lined up. During the second show, I was about 2 people back of the guitarist and right next to the soundboard by the stage. I remember seeing a bunch of people in the booth next to the stage standing up. I guess that was you folks.

I agree the second show was much better than the first show. Well, better is not the correct word but definitely filled with more energy and more interaction. The Ladies and Gentlemen were excellent too. Very entertaining especially considering I had only heard one of their songs before. They were very friendly signing CDs after the show and available for a chat.

I was wearing a white T-shirt with EASILY DISTRACTED the first night and a brown T-shirt with ALMOST HANDSOME on the second night if anyone thinks they saw me. I went by myself to both shows but met people outside in line and on the floor inside and had a fantastic time. The women in Edmonton are hot!!!!

I really liked how the setlists for both the opening act and Matt were changed from night to night. I did notice at times that the audience was rather tame but maybe that was just due to the acoustic and slower tracks he played. I loved that stuff. Anyway, it was a great time and I hope I get a chance to see him in the near future.

Looking forward to your recordings gursky!

I went by myself to both shows but met people outside in line and on the floor inside and had a fantastic time.

Looking forward to your recordings gursky!

Glad to hear that you survived your trip from the west. You were also able to see the best show as well, which makes the trip that much more worth it. The audio sounds great and will be even better once 5ilent is through with it, it will be a great reminder of your trip to Edmonton. Too bad Matt wasn't available for meeting after the shows on the 29/30, would have been that much better for you - but at least you saw two shows this tour.

Captain, were you part of the hardcore group who was in line really early on both of the first two nights and was one of your friends reading a book before the show started? If so, I'm sure I saw you too. ;)

These were my first Matt Good shows and well worth the trip down south and west.

What did the band dress up as on Halloween? I was chatting with a couple, Matt and Ashley, during the 2nd night and Ashley helped Rich? (the drummer anyway) get his costume for that show. He put them on the guest list for the second show as they had no tickets.

Edited by trevster2k

Sweet. That was me, indeed. Matt and Christian did not dress up, though at one point Matt put on a giraffe hat (i think) and then played most of Bright End of Nowhere with it on. Pat (he's the drummer, Trev) had an awesome outfit to play with the L&G, what he called the "gay tennis player circa 1970s" or something. Rich (the bass player, btw) had scrubs.

Haha i kind of wish i went to the 31st show but nah, i was at the 30th one.

It was Awesome as per usual. The best part of the whole night... Advertising on Police cars, that has to be one of the best pieces of music ever created, not to mention the killer guitar work on 21st Century Living.

My hats off to Matt for just given'er especially with the whole insomnia thing.