matrix

Jarhead...

For those who haven't read the book and expect an actiony-war movie, then you might want to skip this one. It's a really good drama and by no means pro or anti war. It's just a movie about one guy (Swafords) experiences as an STA soldier. The directing was done very well and the music was well placed. I enjoyed it, my friends didn't.

I totally agree, saw it last night, it was great. I expected a war movie probably anti-war, but it was really neither, it mentioned how they were stationed around the oil areas and how its a war to keep the oil in American hands BRIEFLY as this one guy ( i cant remember his name) gets a bit political in the back of a truck. Anyway, amazing movie, i figured it was based on a book but didnt know until the credits. Im glad that it wasnt just some action war movie, the story was facinating cause it kinda brought you right into some of the reality's of being a soldier, on a more personal, insane, less heroic and less patriotic level. Anyway nice change from the usual.

I thought this was a great movie. Although if you watch the previews you may get the idea that it is a "whole lot of war action" kind of movie. I heard a couple of people grumbling about it as they left the theatre. So if you want a "war" movie with lots of shooting and action go rent Hamburger Hill. If you want a movie with a good story go see Jarhead. Not to say that Hamburger Hill was not a kick ass movie.....

i think i may venture down to the local cinema and enjoy an exceptional theatrical treat for the senses.

lol...

but truly, i want to see it.

my nick name used to be jarhead and i hated it (my name is jarrod...) but i didnt know what it meant.

and i too, do not like jamie foxx. i think he's a terrible actor.

I thought it was great, actually. I do tend to enjoy movies that are not so much anti-war as they are in support of, or at least from the perspective of, the soldiers themselves.

Entertaining beyond my expectations.

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
And how often do you see such an effective war movie where you only even see two of 'the enemy', and the main character never kills anyone...or even participates in combat, for that matter.

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
And how often do you see such an effective war movie where you only even see two of 'the enemy', and the main character never kills anyone...or even participates in combat, for that matter.

I actually mentioned that to sarah afterwards. the only guy you see get offed is that pussy in the training exercise.

And the scene with "Something in the Way" is mindblowing.

Edited by Dan #2

Saw it a few days go. I guess I'm one of the few that was left really unimpressed. I really didn't care for it. I didn't think it was boring, or lacked action or anything like that, I just plain didn't like it. Although I didn't expect to like it either. If I were to rate it on how much I enjoyed it... it'd be a 4/10.