There's been a lot of albums this year that have sucked, but had some real standout tracks (as well as solid albums with spectacular songs). Let's give them their due.

Death Cab for Cutie - Crooked Teeth

Broken Social Scene - Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Half)

Architecture in Helsinki - Do the Whirlwind

Beck - Hell Yes

Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy, Jr.

Doves - Black & White Town

Metric - Police and the Private

Daft Punk - Technologic

Bloc Party - This Modern Love

Book of Lists - Pacifists Revolt

Deerhoof - Scream Team

Gorillaz - DARE

Franz Ferdinand - Eleanor Put Your Boots On

LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations

The National - Abel

Spoon - I Turn My Camera On

Stephen Malkmus - Pencil Rot

B)

I'm gonna agree with Cassandra Geminni, which is an awesome song. However,I have no idea how all the lyric websites and forum discussions think it starts with Miranda B. All the lyrics for Cassandra Geminni seem to have the lyrics from Miranda B to the end of the album.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't mind any of the album "At the Soundless Dawn" from Red Sparowes.

Edited by Eterna1

my humps? MY HUMPS?! that song is shit (and not the shit) how can anyone stand that! it's utter crap! ugh...

anyway, i can't think of any good songs right now. but that is not one of them. it ranks up there with hollaback girl.

My favourite songs this year have been Coheed and Cambria's "Welocme Home" (though i don't like the album) and i fell in love with the Black Eyed Peas "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

my humps? MY HUMPS?! that song is shit (and not the shit) how can anyone stand that! it's utter crap! ugh...

anyway, i can't think of any good songs right now. but that is not one of them. it ranks up there with hollaback girl.

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video to that one yesterday. Oh boy.