Guest some guy

Matthew Good Quotes?

I am looking for things that Matthew Good has said that are touching, smart, etc. just anything that would seem to be quoted. They can be from songs as well, but I would prefer things said in interviews\manifestos etc.

"Nothing says "democracy" and "freedom" like weapons production. Nothing says "humanitarian" like spending 1 trillion dollars on mechanisms to kill others when it could have been spent trying to keep them alive. We willing participants of hypocrisy should keep such things in mind when the fruition of our gun running, militaristic corporate mindset comes knocking at our door."

"How much someone makes does not determine what they

here's a few i like:

"Its sunny outside, and George Bush isn't my president. What more could one ask for?"

"This world is filled with things that will never make sense. Trying to make so much sense of them will only result in one thing: Spending the rest of your life trying to remember what you were like before any of it mattered."

"I'm going to go and buy myself a bottle of something, find a nice quiet rock somewhere in the hills, and have one last drink with Steve. And then, my life having been made better by knowing him, I'm going to go and live it."

"To assume is to fail miserably at acting intelligent enough to know when to keep your mouth shut."

"Actions speak louder than words. And sometimes inaction speaks louder than both of them."

there you go, it amazes me how deep he is... i read the mblog and i go whoaaaaaaaa now that's good writing.

"Impossibility is a greater motivational force than probability. The human condition dictates this."

"This world is filled with things that will never make sense. Trying to make so much sense of them will only result in one thing: Spending the rest of your life trying to remember what you were like before any of it mattered."

I really like that one too.

This man is a quote machine. So much so that I couldn't possibly pick one. It upsets me that a lot of these will eventually be lost to time. He can be a wordsmith of the highest order, but is rarely recognized as such.

Actually, one quote that I use often went something like this: "...They can lick the worst part of my ass." I don't remember what this was referring to but I think it was from the blog a little while back.

This man is a quote machine. So much so that I couldn't possibly pick one. It upsets me that a lot of these will eventually be lost to time. He can be a wordsmith of the highest order, but is rarely recognized as such.

this place would be great if we could cut back on the asskissing at least 25%.

From an interview done a few years ago: When asked about people not 'getting' his sense of humor, Matt replied, "The vast majority of people don't 'get' a great many things".

A simple statement that says much. I always thought the same thing, I just can not express it as well as Matt can.

This man is a quote machine.  So much so that I couldn't possibly pick one.  It upsets me that a lot of these will eventually be lost to time.  He can be a wordsmith of the highest order, but is rarely recognized as such. 

Eat balls boyo. First off it's a Matt Good message board, the Matt Good section, and a topic about... Well I'll be damned, it's Matt Good. And second, it's not like I wrote that thinking that just maybe he'd somehow notice and we'd become best friends. Surprise surprise I like Matt Good. Now, you're assholery would be acceptable if you'd done it regarding something I'd said in any number of the other sections of The Bored, but not here pal. Sit on it.

This man is a quote machine.  So much so that I couldn't possibly pick one.  It upsets me that a lot of these will eventually be lost to time.  He can be a wordsmith of the highest order, but is rarely recognized as such. 

Eat balls boyo. First off it's a Matt Good message board, the Matt Good section, and a topic about... Well I'll be damned, it's Matt Good. And second, it's not like I wrote that thinking that just maybe he'd somehow notice and we'd become best friends. Surprise surprise I like Matt Good. Now, you're assholery would be acceptable if you'd done it regarding something I'd said in any number of the other sections of The Bored, but not here pal. Sit on it.

hah, well said, well said, i love it