mofonik

Nov.4-commodore...best Night Ever!

Tonight I saw matt at the Commodore. I cannot even describe how amazing it was. It was THE best show I have ever seen...EVER.....and truely...i have seen A LOT of concerts. Suburbia made my life. I have been waiting since Beautiful Midnight came out to hear that song live...and tonight was the night. He played some great songs and when he finished with Prime Time Deliverance acoustic......I could have died it was so good.

Anyone else go? And what did you think?

it was ok.

besides the fact that i was pretty much babysitting my completely hammered buddy, who was looking to start shit with anyone, it was the same as always... but definetly worth the money, time and the two hour wait to get my car released from a locked parkade on burrard at 2am.

Edited by one_trick_pony

I agree; it was an awesome show.

Hearing Suburbia, The Rat Who Would Be King and especially Prime Time Deliverance made my life.

On another note, does anyone remember the setlist offhand? I have a horrible memory for that kind of thing, and maybe i'm blind, but I can't seem to find the show archive on the newly designed MG.org...

I was just going to ask if anyone recalled the setlist or anything. I am trying to piece it together. I think I know all the songs he played.....but not the order. Tried to grab the setlist after the show but apparently you're "not allowed to touch anything beind the baracades".....

I was just going to ask if anyone recalled the setlist or anything.  I am trying to piece it together.  I think I know all the songs he played.....but not the order.  Tried to grab the setlist after the show but apparently you're "not allowed to touch anything beind the baracades".....

I remember the first few songs, and the last few songs, in order.

----------------------------------------

Opening the show:

Giant

Alert Status Red

Oh Be Joyful

Hello Time Bomb

then a bunch of songs which I can't remember the order of, then:

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

Weapon

Apparitions (acoustic)

encore:

Near Fantastica

Advertising on Police Cars

Prime Time Deliverance (acoustic)

Tripoli (acoustic)

----------------------------------------

Anyways, I thought it was a great show, mainly because the crowd was so awsome. It was my first time going to a show at The Commodore. All the other shows I went to, the crowd always acts like jackasses, Matt gets pissed off, and it ruins the night.

Hearing the last three songs of the encore is what made my night though, because up until those, I had already heard every single song he had played at a different concert before. To be honest, I wasn't too happy with the beginning of his show, because he opened with Giant again, and played the same rendition of Hello Time Bomb as he does at every show. The first few songs were so predictable. But it was still good anyways.

I did get pissed off though when the drumstick went right through my fingers, and the guy behind me got it ;) :angry:

It's all running together in my head right now, but I also recall hearing:

The Rat Who Would Be King

Everything is Automatic

21st Century Living

It's Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man

and some others

sorry I can't really help with the order.

yes...I definitely recall hearing those songs...BUT....he played It's Been a While Since I was Your Man?? I completely missed that...and I was right up front too....hmm. That part of my brain got erased I guess. I love that song too....damn.

according to my vids, they are

Giant

Alert Status Red

Oh Be Joyful

Hello Time Bomb

Suburbia (somewhere in here)

21st Century Living

Everything is Automatic

Load Me Up

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

after this i think i renamed my videos funny

but i know he played these ones:

Weapon

Advertisin on Police Cars

Near Fantastica

Apparitions (acoustic)

Prime Time Deliverance (acoustic)

i MIGHT be missing one more song, but that's the gist of it

and actually hearing Near Fantastica live is just awesome!

one of my favs for driving

DSC01009-640.JPG

DSC00985-640.JPG

DSC00990-640.JPG

DSC00998-640.JPG

DSC01003-640.JPG

Edited by anitanium

For some strange reason, some vids that i knew i took aren't on my camera

maybe i tapped the off button by mistake

the only vids i have right now (mostly full) are

Giant

Alert Status Red

21st Century Living

Everything is Automatic

Load Me Up

Weapon

everything else is just some parts

and they're huge files, so i'll have to convert them down

(recorded at 640x480@25fps)

the concert was awesome (was my first time at the commodore), and it was worth waiting hours in line to be front and center, (i dont know about that crazy opening band tho)but of course there were a couple of ass-clowns that distracted me occassionally from the amazing performance. The set list was pretty predictable, but i enjoyed Prime time deliverance, nothing from LOTGA tho. Oh, and i got Rich's pick!

another note: i saw the set list posted on the stage before the show, and there was definately only three encore songs on it, so its cool that he decided to play an extra one at the end.

Pretty good show....kinda hard to beat the 2 nights in a row back in Calgary a few years back....those shows were spectacular. It was great to hear Tripoli though. The show had me until the ditzy 3 foot high bimbo yelling for Matt to 'take his shirt off'. It's disheartening sometimes to see the intelligent Matt Good fans overshadowed by the mainstream pieces of shit that just wanna get tanked and scream in a tone-deaf yelp to just the choruses.

Still, what a show.........

Edited by october

I did get pissed off though when the drumstick went right through my fingers, and the guy behind me got it  :angry:  :angry:

ME TOO! If I had jumped just a little higher, I would have had one...

Scored a setlist from the soundboard in the back. Strange though, the songs on the setlist were in a different order than what they were played in...

Overall a good show, aside from it taking FOREVER as usual to get started (I always notice this at the Commodore...) It was my fifth MG show. I'm sure it's not my last ;)

it was the best!

I got pretty close to the front so that made it even more enjoyable, managed to fight off some of the huge guys that kept pushing into me.

i'm pretty sure one of those guys was my drunk buddy. he couldnt remember anything the next day, so he spent a few minutes recapping by looking at my pics and videos.

someone mentioned that they had a few of their videos that they thought they recorded disappear.... same with me. maybe matt has some kind of code grabbing technology enabled that erases random video clips from fans' cameras.