Shortcut To Moncton

Most Overrated MG(B) Song

What is the most overrated Matthew Good Band or Matthew Good song?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most overrated Matthew Good Band or Matthew Good song?

• 21st Century Living.
    • Advertising On Police Cars.
    • Apparitions.
    • Avalanche.
    • Blue Skies Over Bad Lands.
    • Born To Kill.
    • Fated.
    • Giant.
    • Load Me Up.
    • Near Fantastica.
    • Prime Time Deliverance.
    • Suburbia.
    • The Future Is X-Rated.
    • The Rat Who Would Be King.
    • Weapon.
    • While We Were Hunting Rabbits.

"Rico" has the cake in my books...what an annoying tune, almost embarrassing as a single/video at the time (there were so many other tracks off Underdogs that are superior).

Second in line would be "Carmailina," (for the same reasons), though neither was on the list for some odd reason.

Cheers,

JK

I voted for The Rat Who Would Be King, but I must say there were a lot of awesome songs on list. What about the most under rated song, I think that would have to be The Inescapable Us eh?

I've had that planned for a while now...but I wanted to wait until the MGB Tournament ends (if it ever will).

Don't anyone be an ass and make a topic on it; I have the songs planned already.

hahah that crawling over apparitions would be me, i love it and really think it deserved any appreciation it got.

i'd have to pick Blue Skies...not that it was really recognized, but the bored seems to like it and i never really got into it. overrated in my opinion.

Who voted Prime Time Deliverance. I will slap you to hell.

Edit: This poll is kind of odd. Not just the poll but the whole subject. Because if something is "overrated" obviously people like it alot. So, does that make it a bad thing, err.

Maybe you don't like a song but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be praised. ;)

Edited by Stu

some of these threads are really boring

Then stop bumping them up to gain more in your post count so you can get stuff from the store! DAMN YOU!

Anyway, at first I said Apparitions, but at closer inspection, I can't say it's overrated anymore. I have been able to listen to the song again, and I can't stop listening to it. As an overrated song for me, it would have to be The Rat Who Would Be King. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but there is only ONE part of the song that I like and that's closer to the end, otherwise I just find it boring.

I'm not going to mention the singles other then Apparitions.

Yeah, In A World Called Catastrophe makes me cringe because to me, it's the closest Matt ever came to sounding like a boy band. Especially the video... *shudder*

And since it's not in the poll either, I still have no vote. ;)

Edited by kirbenvost

I'm astounded Hello Time Bomb didn't make the list...

the song was written in about 15 minutes with a three string guitar

Hahahaha, yeah, I love that story. But honestly, as a rock tune, it's pretty damn good. He's certainly done worse.

I'm astounded Hello Time Bomb didn't make the list...

the song was written in about 15 minutes with a three string guitar

This is not the poll about the song that took the least effort to create or about his worst songs for that matter. As for the other guy, IAWCC...the closest Matt came to becoming a boy band? Listen to the damn song and ignore at the opening bits of the video with him and his acoustic guitar on that sofa. The rest of the video stabs at the 1000 lb gorilla that we have to deal with South of the border--that's pretty boy-band-ish, ain't it?

If IAWCC wasn't a single, people would rank it as one of the best songs on the cd. People are stupid. If Weapon was a "cross-over hit" into Top 40 Radio, people here would hate that song as well.

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton