devolution

Copyright...?

I know someone frequenting this sight can help me out. Christian indicated to me that for the last twenty years or so he's been part of a band called Copyright. Anybody out there have any material from this group, or info regarding a website? Googling anything with his name or 'copyright' hasn't provided me with anything. As far as I know his only contribution to Matt's albums has been Northamericanforlife on WLRARR. I'd like to hear some original material from this guy. Any help would be appreciated!

P.S.

In my opinion, after having attended the 3 shows in Edmonton, the show in Calgary, and both shows at the Commodore in Vancouver, I'd have to say that the setlist on the final show was brilliant. The Edmonton Oct 30th show for whatever the reason seemed almost magical. Avalanche was simply taken to another level...

Ciao!

copyright were awesome. i'll admit, tom's vocals are an acquired taste, but still. great band.

yes! that's the best way to put it, his voice is an acquired taste but he is an excellent lyricist. I was reading their maplemusic bio and apprently they had a major label deal in the 80's and screwed it up cause they were always high or drunk or something to that extent? weird.

"Rock Machine" was at the time one of the worst songs I'd ever heard and seeing them open for MGB cemented their shittiness forever in my memory. Here is how one forgotten classic was introduced in Tom's showy frontman voice:

"You guys like to get high?"

Audience screams

"Well this song is about gettin a little too high!"

It is rare that I will actually laugh out loud at band-shittiness, but this exchange put me right over the edge. Fuck, I couldn't wait for their set to end.

Let the rock machine roll, kids!

"Rock Machine" was at the time one of the worst songs I'd ever heard and seeing them open for MGB cemented their shittiness forever in my memory. Here is how one forgotten classic was introduced in Tom's showy frontman voice:

"You guys like to get high?"

Audience screams

"Well this song is about gettin a little too high!"

It is rare that I will actually laugh out loud at band-shittiness, but this exchange put me right over the edge. Fuck, I couldn't wait for their set to end.

Let the rock machine roll, kids!

I like Copyright but i must admit that is funny, well done.

the good thing about thrush hermit is that joel plaskett still plays thrush songs at his shows. and since ian plays bass in the emergency, you get half (if not more) of the thrush experience.

and i agree, love story is great. i think i like hidden world more though. anyone who's feeling REALLY inspired should get the circle C album. IT is gold.

the good thing about thrush hermit is that joel plaskett still plays thrush songs at his shows. and since ian plays bass in the emergency, you get half (if not more) of the thrush experience.

and i agree, love story is great. i think i like hidden world more though. anyone who's feeling REALLY inspired should get the circle C album. IT is gold.

True, there is definitely some Thrush left in the Emergency. Joel's acoustic version sof Thrush tunes are quite incredible as well (Before you Leave is a favourite).

Circle C-- I tried finding a copy of that like 3 or 4 years ago, to no avail. The hunt must resume. Any tips/leads?

I agree, the acoustic Thrush that Joel plays is great. I saw him last saturday night, and he played "Before You Leave" with his dad. It was awesome. At an acoustic show last year, someone requested 'Uneventful', so he played what he remembered. It's one of my favourites.

And yes, the Circle C album is floating around in used record stores. A friend of mine got me a copy from a place in Vancouver.