devolution

Copyright...?

"Rock Machine" was at the time one of the worst songs I'd ever heard and seeing them open for MGB cemented their shittiness forever in my memory. Here is how one forgotten classic was introduced in Tom's showy frontman voice:

"You guys like to get high?"

Audience screams

"Well this song is about gettin a little too high!"

It is rare that I will actually laugh out loud at band-shittiness, but this exchange put me right over the edge. Fuck, I couldn't wait for their set to end.

Let the rock machine roll, kids!

That is absolutely hilarious. My roomate and I quoted that EXACT line for about a year after they opened for MGB in Calgary. To this day he's really upset because he was really drunk for that show, and that quote is all he remembers from the whole night.

"Rock Machine" was at the time one of the worst songs I'd ever heard and seeing them open for MGB cemented their shittiness forever in my memory.  Here is how one forgotten classic was introduced in Tom's showy frontman voice:

"You guys like to get high?"

Audience screams

"Well this song is about gettin a little too high!"

It is rare that I will actually laugh out loud at band-shittiness, but this exchange put me right over the edge.  Fuck, I couldn't wait for their set to end.

Let the rock machine roll, kids!

That is absolutely hilarious. My roomate and I quoted that EXACT line for about a year after they opened for MGB in Calgary. To this day he's really upset because he was really drunk for that show, and that quote is all he remembers from the whole night.

You, your roommate and I should be best friends.

I have been looking for that Circle C album for years... cant find it anyways. I thought Love Story was genious, and that song Rock Machine was garbage... haha, but there is some really good stuff on the Love Story album... that band might have been okay if they put out albums more often then every 5-6 years though...

I was in the front row stage right of that same nearly pant-escaping cock bulge. The fu-manchu-ed keyboardist pumped his fist without mercy.

Oh that Rock Machine did indeed roll.

At least it was memorable...I forgot Treble Charger played until I read it in this thread.

That Calgary show goes down as my all-time favourite (which says a lot, he tours here often)...It was Matt's 30th birthday. Everybody sang Happy Birthday to him and then he played Strange Days. He also brought a handgun onstage...There was a mechanical bull and a couple of playstations on stage for people invited up from the audience.

Good times.