Okay, it might sound kind of corny when people say that a song got them through a hard time in their lives, but it happens. There are the songs that remind you of your favourite summer, your first kiss, your best friend, or anything, really. I know there are a hell of a lot of songs that mean something to me, but what about you?

"closing time" semisonic (reminds me of all the friends i have had, that i fell away from), "bohemian rhapsodhy" queen (reminds me of the companionship my friends today), "the drinking song" moxy fruvous (it is the last song played at MOST the venturer dances, and its become a tradition of camaraderie), "toxicity" system of a down (i just really like the song)

hmm... most coldplay songs bring back memories of an ex-boyfriend of mine haha.

while we were hunting rabbits helps me alot. i'm sure we can all relate to how he was feeling at that time.

although ive never liked the song, 'pretty girl' by sugarcult always brings back some bad memories of some stupid things i've done.

i can't think of any others right now ahah.

Ah hell.

"The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band reminds me of all the baseball and lacrosse games I've had to go to (and not enjoyed...ha).

"My Sharona" by the Knack and "Are You Jimmy Ray?" by Jimmy Ray reminds me of all the stupid stupid things my friends and I have done (and filmed..).

"Impossible" by Christina Aguilera reminds me of an ex-boyfriend that I'd rather forget.

"I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls reminds me of the past wrestling season.

"In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel reminds me of last summer.

"Fall" by Something Corporate was probably the only song I listened to during a shitty time I had last year.

"I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred reminds me of Team Fresh and all the fun we had.

There are a bunch more but those are the only ones I can come up with off the top of my head.

Well...

Fell on Black Days reminds me of the time just before i moved here and all of the goodbyes i had to give

The whole CD Come Clean by Puddle of mudd and By the Way by RHCP reminds me of the best summer i spent at the beach

Theory of a Deadmans Last Song reminds me of last summer in Calgary

Coax Me by Sloan reminds me of some good times with a past girlfriend

Pretty Girl by Sugarcult reminds me of this girl i really liked a while ago but i never asked out...but in hindsight it wouldent have mattered cause i moved away 3 months later

Moving away kinda sucked cause it was so sudden. I literaly had like 2 weeks to spend time with everybody....ya it sucked lol ;)

my friend jeremy is moving away to the ukranine in mid august for a year, and i may die. hes the only one im close to right now, and for the next little while. matt good [band] is really gonna help me through it, haha jeremy got me into them in the first place.

k here it goes lol, kinda same as Kumquat since we hang out too much together lol

"The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band hah reminds me too of times at lacrosse or baseball games blasting on the car radio. lol

"My Sharona" by the Knack and "Are You Jimmy Ray?" by Jimmy Ray reminds me as well, of stupid and ugly dances me n' my friends do and the NW video

"Kiss Me" by Sixpence non the Richer is a good song when i'm just thinknig about the cute boy i saw on the street LOL

"I Ran" by a Flock of Seagulls reminds me of screaming along to it inthe car and serenading and dancing to it to others.

"In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel reminds me of Lloyd Dobler, wish he was real.

"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin reminds me of the many times palying that song on guitar when i'm just wanting to be alone with my thoughts

"I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred reminds me of Team Fresh and the dance to this song too.

"PIMP" by 50 cent sorry lol reminds me of some of my friends and a version of it dedicated to mine sag LOL

"Creep" by Coldplay is a good song when im down in the dumps.

'Something Vague' by Bright Eyes is a good song to zone out to when I'm depressed. It reminds me that my life is actually worth something no matter how much like crap I feel.

'Fake Plastic Trees' by Radiohead is another song that helps bring me out from depressive slumps. Same with 'Apparitions'. If I can think of anymore, I'll post them later ;)

I've got many who meant (or mean) something in my life... some of them are:

- "Take my hand" by Dido

- "Somebody" by Depeche Mode

- "In a rush of blood..." by Coldplay (most of the songs there)

- "Lost & found" by Sexy Sadie (a Spanish indie band singing in English)

- "The rat who would be king" by ;)

- "You look so fine" by Garbage

almost every song on this list (and many more) has had and important "contribution" or effect on my life somehow

Bridge over troubled water by Simon and Garfunkle...

...don't even think about mocking simon and garfunkle they fucking rule. one of my top 5 fav artist of all time!!!

Anyways, it's my favorite song of all time...it's so beautiful. It's about being there for some one in times of trouble.

well you are all going to hate me for this...but faint by LP seems to be my theme song...mostly cause im an angsty nerd:

I am

A little bit insecure

A little unconfident

'Cause you don't understand

I do what I can

But sometimes I don't make sense

what do you think of one of my favorite songs ever? (Depeche Mode, "Somebody"). If you don't know the song, I recommend you to download it from the internet... Read the lyrics and tell me...

SOMEBODY

I want somebody to share

Share the rest of my life

Share my innermost thoughts

Know my intimate details

Someone who’ll stand by my side

And give me support

And in return

She’ll get my support

She will listen to me

When I want to speak

About the world we live in

And life in general

Though my views may be wrong

They may even be perverted

She’ll hear me out

And won’t easily be converted

To my way of thinking

In fact she’ll often disagree

But at the end of it all

She will understand me

Aaaahhhhh....

I want somebody who cares

For me passionately

With every thought and

With every breath

Someone who’ll help me see things

In a different light

All the things I detest

I will almost like

I don’t want to be tied

To anyone’s strings

I’m carefully trying to steer clear of

Those things

But when I’m asleep

I want somebody

Who will put their arms around me

And kiss me tenderly

Though things like this

Make me sick

In a case like this

I’ll get away with it

Aaaahhhhh....

Edited by juanpe

That is a beautiful song. Actually just from reading the words i totally relate to it...except i'm the woman wanting the man.

I'm going to download it right now!!!!

Man, there are a ton. I won't go into the reasons behind the songs. Why? Because that's why! Some are good memories, others bad.

Black- Pearl Jam

Last Kiss- Pearl Jam

Garden- Pear Jam

Elderly Woman- Pearl Jam (I must like them)

Echo- Incubus

Days Go By- Dirty Vegas

When I'm Gone- 3 Doors Down

The Fall of Man- MGB

Glycerine- Bush

Goo Goo Dolls- Here is Gone

The Bad Touch- Bloodhound Gang

Waaaay too many. I'll list a select few:

Matthew Good Band - Strange Days

Aimee Mann - Today's The Day

BigBang - Long Distance Man

Madrugada - Legends And Bones

Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand

Rika Muranaka - Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday

Aoife - The Best Is Yet To Come

Scapegoat Wax - Space To Share

Tom McRae - Sao Paulo Rain

lately - after one of his concerts - i have remembered a song i used to like a lot and meant a lot to me: "Lovesong" by The Cure... one of those love songs better written ever ;)

I am the same as everyone in that I have a billion songs that bring back memories/emotions but I am only going to say one song because I heard it yesterday and it made me want to cry. "Everything You Want" by Vertical Horizon. It was the first song me and my ex ever danced too back when we were young and innocent. Sniff.