crazycanuck

Pat

(I preface this by stating, I'm drunk, and ignore me as you wish)

So I'm home for reading break and me and a few friends go to The Celler tonight for Britpop Thursdays, and it's a great time, and eventually 3 am rolls around and we're force to vacate. Me and a buddy go up to the stage to congratulate the house band on a job well done, and we go up to the drummer and talk to him, and he says his name is Pat and I say you look a lot like Pat from Matthew Good and The Odds, and he says I am that Pat. Blows my mind. We talk for a bit about the Arts County Fair debacle, and eventually I ask him why he's playing for a house band, and he says that the guitarist/lead singer (?) is formalry of the Odds. Blows my mind. I shake his hand and tell him how the great The Odds are. AND THEN, Pat Steward introduces me to Ryan Dahle, and I slobber all over him, and he introduces me to a couple of his friends, then I mention I saw him at the Ted Leo concert a few months back, and we both agree Ted Leo is great, and it was amazing. Best night ever.

EDIT: And the title of this post gets edited. Not surprising, considering the language.

Edited by crazycanuck

Pat's the nicest guy ever, yeah.

At the Phoenix show, before Ladies and Gents camer on, he was just in front of the baracade where the security is, talking to people. I was like, WTF LOLOL. :-|

Pat's the nicest guy ever, yeah.

At the Phoenix show, before Ladies and Gents camer on, he was just in front of the baracade where the security is, talking to people. I was like, WTF LOLOL. :-|

haha you might have seen him talking to me for about 10 mins, Pat and I go way back...

...last fall in Hamilton.

I think Pat is incredible and I hope Matt always plays with him in the future. As much as I go to the show to primarily see Matt I think I would be a bit dissapointed if Pat wasn't there.

I have a picture with him and my girlfriend and he signed a setlist from that show for me. I also have two of his drumsticks.

yeah. i spoke to pat at the last mg show in ottawa (the free one at zaphod's), and pat wandered over, and he knew who i was, and he said "didn't we chat it up outside the mod club show?".

pat is pure class.

Edited by Scot