Dan #2

So I'm Trying To Ruin This Kid

i'm burning him a few discs. He like 50 Cent, Eminem, G-Unit, and those related artists... Recently he has gotten into System of a Down and Slipknot and Marilyn Manson, so he has hope.

This is the disc i just burned. I'm working on number three now.

Disc1.jpg

I don't know. i've met him for like an hour. He's my mum's boyfriend's son. I hop he has an open mind haha.

On disc two, i try to win him over on his playing field, ie rap ;)

Disc2.jpg

No, for some reason, i own none of her cd's.

It's because i just got a job in the last month and i have a fat list of CD's to buy, and i just haven't gotten around to it

i'm trying to expose him to everything, to see what he likes. i'm hoping there is a few songs on each disc he'll like.

It's like spinning around and shooting. You have better odds of hitting someone than if you shoot in the same direction!

Giving a kid that likes rap a mixtape with Kyprios on it, is equivalent to a 40 year old adult saying "yo what's up dawg?"

You'll lose all credibility in one moment. Which is a shame because besides Kyprios, you've got a good mix.

IMO, you're forcing the wrong music down his throat.

how so?

i'm trying to give him lots of stuff. i realise that it is pretty heavy on the screamo, but that's the stuff he likes.

He likes other rock other than Slipknot/Manson/SoaD, those are just his favourites.

Giving a kid that likes rap a mixtape with Kyprios on it, is equivalent to a 40 year old adult saying "yo what's up dawg?"

You'll lose all credibility in one moment. Which is a shame because besides Kyprios, you've got a good mix.

o rly?

sorry, i have just always wanted to say that hahaa. How so? I know nothing about what you humans call 'credibility.'

What's with all the shity emo/metalcore acts?

They're fun and catchy, and not in it for the money, like most of the shit he's listening to, and they are out of the mainstream, which will open his eyes to stuff farther out of the mainstream.

That's why i put "Her Ghost in the Fog" on their, and not anything off CoF's older CD's, because HGitF is too damned catchy!

And as for the one-song-per-artist rule, that's for mixtapes. This is a burnt CD that i'm trying to open a kids eyes with. He seriously does not llike anything outside of MuchMusic at the moment.