Dan #2

Kids These Days

Nick says:

there was this small fat kid, who had an actual clock strapped around his neck like a bing... and a hat on backwards that said "G-Unit", and when he tookl off his hat, i saw the "50 cent" shaved on the back of his head, i literally laughed out loud

Oh I know. My bestfriend has a 9 year old brother, and he, and all his friends are always hitting on me. Of course, it doesn't help that my friend (Who's a guy) isn't the greatest rollmodel for that.

And yes, respect has gone down the drain. I've just began to hide from the world, pretend it's not there.

i remember when i was like 6, kids in grade 8 seemed so old and we were like scared of them. then i was in grade 8, the 6 year olds would swear at us. where is the respect?

I know exactly what you mean. It's weird, isn't it?

Not to mention the drug abuse, sex, and general thuggery that also seems to happen more than it used to in elementary school kids... it used to not happen at all, at least around here. That stuff usually waited until at least junior high. It just keeps getting earlier and earlier.

i remember when i was like 6, kids in grade 8 seemed so old and we were like scared of them. then i was in grade 8, the 6 year olds would swear at us. where is the respect?

My grandfather always used to say, "if a kid gets uppish, beat them with a sack of oranges. Teaches them a lesson and doesn't leave a mark."

..... this is why I'm ashamed to be a kid now adays.

Same.

Whenever I come back to school after the weekend, I am forcefuly reminded of how stupid and smelly most poeple my age are. Slouching around the hallways with their pants around their ankles, spraying axe bdy spray all over themselves, shoving eachother in to lockers, spitting and drooling. No exaggerations.

it's because our generation is more forgiving, and the 6-year-olds know they'll get away with it now, whereas we would have gotten our tummies punched til we puked.

Sydney and I were wandering about a mall a few months back and there was this little girl, couldn't have been more than 7, wearing a tiny, TINY, miniskirt, tight pink shirt, fishnets, heels, and to top it all off she was talking on a cell phone! We were both slightly disgusted.

Kids these days disgust me, but there is nothing we can really do about it...I'm sure we all disgusted the generation before us, and the one before them and so on.