lcpja

I am pissed!!!!

I received notice that there was a post at www.wbsaloon.com (website for wild bill saloon in banff) that mentions that Matthew Good played the worst show ever...i'm am fucking pissed...this is MG bashing!!!! There were obvious circumstances that attributed to the no encore show.

I wrote them a letter, demanding the post to be taken off. We will see if he replys to my letter and/or my request. ;)

Edited by lcpja

i encourage everyone to go to the website to check it out for themselves and then send them an email...the more the better...and the better chance they're take it down

wild bills in the saloon where Matt play his birthday bash show in Banff. And also where the tooth incident happened. Check out www.wbsaloon.com and click on shows and then scroll to the bottom of the screen.

I see that Matt posted about this.

The Easily Vilified

I was sent an e-mail today that pointed out something interesting. As some of you might know, I played at a small club called Wild Bills on my birthday this year (June 29th). During the show two of my teeth were chipped when unruly members of the crowd caused bodies to be pushed forward, which, in turn, drove the microphone into my mouth. I finished the show but declined to do an encore.

On Wild Bills website (found HERE) they have listed the show as “the worst ever”. That being the case, I thought it best to point out to everyone how the management of Wild Bills chooses to care about your safety.

Even though it is clearly requested on my technical rider, the club decided not to spend the money to provide a proper barricade. Of course you’re more than welcome to drink the place dry, but as far as your safety during a concert is concerned it seems that’s of little importance. That seems to apply to the safety of performers as well.

My advice would be to avoid Wild Bills if you’re concerned about drunker ruffians being a big part of your concert going experience.

Edited by lcpja

You know as a person who would one day want to perform, it sickens me that we (myself included) have come to expect the encore. I mean we payed to see the set... the performer played the set, the contract is complete. The encore is the bonus, like getting cool artwork in the CD case. I don't know why it is so expected, and why people are so upset when a artist declines the encore. If Matt had walked off the stage halfway through his set, then I would understand people being pissed, but he finished the set. If you take the bus, and the bus driver drops you off at your stop, would you be pissed? would you expect the driver to drop you off in front of your house? no, of course not, the stop is the contract, in front of your house is bonus. The set is the contract, the encore is bonus.

This 'Worst show ever' is just fucking bullshit.

Bah

It is pretty obvious that that bar or whatever it is was only concerned with the money the concert could've given them... I hate that "money mind" to justify everything!!! ;)

They don't even respect two of Matt's teeth were chipped AND that it was his birthday... F them O!!!

Edited by juanpe

yeah i agree with toadman. if there is always an encoe, it sort of just becomes the set.

i recall a guess who concert i went to where we stood and clapped and yelled and whatnot for like 5 minutes before they would come out for an encore.

i know none of us would really take that for granted. but come on. and the sad thing is some of these people call themselves fans. i know not everyone at the show was guilty of this foolishness, and i feel bad for them. but if you recall some of the stuff matt had written in his manifestos after the shoe in the face incident years back, matt explains how one person can ruin it for the bunch.

i don't really know for sure in the lack of encore is the only reason for calling it "the worst show ever."

They never posted a reason why it was the worst. That's why i think it's bashing.