I know not many people have heard in depth broken social scene, but let me tell you they're pretty amazing and apparently better live. Is anyone going to be at the concert January 21st at the Kool Haus? I'm really digging their new album, a lot of reviews said it was too all over the place and not living up to You Forgot It In People, as well as the words being lost but i think that on the new album the words are maybe less important than what's being made as a whole. Thoughts on the new album/concert.

I have YFIIP, picked it up from the library. Reminds me of the post-rock stuff I used to listen to but lost somehow.

A couple people I know have been going on about going to the concert or what have you. It's hilarious to see people name drop the band and see someone else go, "oh, yeah, broken social scene, they are the coolz0rs, i listen to them, lol let's have an orgy of bss!". Or something.

Anyways. Have fun at the concert and stuff.

Isaw them last night night and it was the best show we got this year. AND it didn't sell out. SHAME on Edmonton.

Seriously though, it was incredible. And pennies, I think the new album is fabulous as well. It kind of tails off at the end, but it starts well and there are some really strong stand out tracks. I'm really digging Fire Eye'd Boy a lot as well as 7/4 (shoreline).

Did you guys get an Indie Rock Dance Party at the end? Cuz that was awesome.

i walked right past the commedore on sunday when they were playing in vancouver. there wasd a huge fucking line up and i diddn't know who was playing so my sister stopped someone and asked and they said it was broken social scene and we were both like..."OH". not huge fans...i could give a rats ass about them. but then we walked around the street and there they were, right beside their motorhome smoking. yup. we saw themm with our own two eyes and we didn't care. hahaa

Not caring is way cool.

"Mmm, I don't care for (x-band/musician/whatev) because other people do. That makes me cool, right? That makes me cool."

meh, whatev.

It snowed for the for the first time today in the GTA. Seasons Greetings (w/o the card, of course).

See you at the show (even though I've, like, seen them WAY too many times to count (tee hee!)!!).

BSS are the most normal band ive ever seen though... i mean, after the olympic island festival, half the band was on the ferry with us getting back to the main land, carrying gear and everything.

so yeah, to say "we saw them and didn't care", well im sure they didnt care about you either lol.

they played dundas square this summer for free but my friend told me about it the day before and i couldn't make it, my other friend watched them from some roof top haha. man, i wish i could ride a ferry with them i just like how they work you know. and the arts and crafts label in general, it's hard to get your head around but i guess you just have to not ask too many qusetions. 17 person band, but none of them are indefinitely permanent.

the new album is amazing, i love those songs too but the only track i haven't completely warmed up to is Ibi Dreams of Pavement. i love that k-os is on there..makes me laugh and is so perfect somehow. i'm loving superconnected.