no yu begin wher i end

Walk The Line

to me this seems like "Ray 2", and i bet the oscars will confirm that

I don't think it will win too many Oscars because movies about real people was more last years thing. Last year the Nominees were Don Cheadle, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Clint Eastwood, and Jaime Foxx, all of which were playing real people. So, I think this movie probably came a year to late to do well at the Oscars, but who knows maybe I'll be proved wrong.

kurt cobain movie! please elaborate

What he's referring to is Gus Van Sant's "Last Days" which is about a fictional rocker who finds fame and finally offs himself. The movie is based on Cobain, yet there is no refernce to his name.

I don't understand how Joaquin didn't win an oscar, because I haven't seen Capote. But I do get the impression that maybe philip seymour Hoffman one because the character he played was more eccentric and different from last year (as someone else pointed out) That name just sounds like an oscar winner to begin with. I'll have to see that movie.

Reese was near perfect aswell, although she slipped up with her accent on occassion. Joaquin was flawless.

Edited by heyrabbit

Guest apsham
I don't understand how Joaquin didn't win an oscar, because I haven't seen Capote. But I do get the impression that maybe philip seymour Hoffman one because the character he played was more eccentric and different from last year (as someone else pointed out) That name just sounds like an oscar winner to begin with. I'll have to see that movie.

Reese was near perfect aswell, although she slipped up with her accent on occassion. Joaquin was flawless.

I agree with this, and have stated other times that Joaquin's performence topped Reese's, as good as it was. I thought it was an awesome movie, you couldn't have written a script better than Cash's life, being the main reason.

I enjoyed the movie, thought it was interesting, and agree that the performances were good ones, but couldn't help but think that the lives of artists or musicians are somehow always formulaic and this movie made no exception in showing the life of Cash. With elements like alcohol/drug addiction, bad relationships with their immediate family, a frustrating/stressful love-life, a period in which they stop performing or doing what they day because they've fallen to rock bottom, and always ends with either a message of redemption or a terrible "died before his time" type deal. It's as if I'd seen the movie already before actually seeing it.

That's true, but his conflict wasn't exaggerated, it was actually underplayed.

"One night, at the pinnacle of his career and the height of his musical power, Johnny Cash, high on amphetamines and full of despair, drove down to Nickajack Cave to kill himself. He knew the cave from going there to search for Civil War and Native American artifacts, and he was well acquainted with the fact that many spelunkers had died deep inside Nickajack