NationofCool

2005 Matthew Good Band Elimination

Everybody likes results!!!

Round 4: Group B Results

1) Advertising on Police Cars 26 vs Sort of a Protest Song 22

2) Everything is Automatic 12 vs Suburbia 36

3) Apparitions 26 vs Strange Days 22

4) Tripoli (Rooms) 26 vs Workers Sing a Song of Mass Production 22

This was originally group A for round 4, but I guess it was better that I saved this to be group B. Look how close these votes are. Advertising, Apparitions, Tripoli all squeaked out a victory.

Tripoli wins by 4 this time. That's the largest margin of victory it has had all tournament. Crazy. It has less votes for.. than Life Beyond The Mininum Safe Distance.. and LBTMSD only got to round 3. Tripoli has made it to round 5.

--------------------

We're going to do things a little different this round. You can thank Timotheory for the idea, which I thought would be a lot of fun for you guys:

HAVE A SONG THAT YOU THOUGHT WENT OUT WAYY TO EARLY?? WANT A WAY TO HAVE IT COME BACK AND WIN??? NOWS YOUR CHANCE:

IN THIS ROUND, YOU ARE VOTING FOR WHICH SONG YOU WANT TO SEE RETURN TO THE TOURNAMENT.

But because there are sooo many outstanding tracks to choose from you are all going to pick the top 4 songs (in order from song you want the most and down to the song you want the 4th most) that you want to return.

The scoring for this round is as follows:

1) First place Votes = 3.5 pts

2) Second Place Votes = 2.0 pts

3) Third Place Votes = 1.0 pts

4) Fourth Place Votes = 0.5 pts

and I will add

5) The Furthest Round The Song Went = # Pts [i.e A song that makes it to round 4, gets 4 pts]

NOTE: If a song that lost in round 4 gets the most votes, I will take that, as well as the 2nd place song and make this a top 20. Otherwise I will be taking only 1 song and making it a top 19.

MY PICKS: (remember this is in order of song I want back the most then 2nd most then 3rd most then 4th most)

1) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

2) A BOY AND HIS MACHINE GUN

3) WORKERS SING A SONG OF MASS PRODUCTION

4) SHES GOT A NEW DISGUISE

HAPPY VOTING!!!!

To make it easier, here is a list of songs I figure will get some votes but you are not limited to these songs of course:

-We're So Heavy (Round 2)

-Workers Sing a Song of Mass Production (Round 4)

-Truffle Pigs (Round 3)

-The Inescapable Us (Round 2)

-Strange Days (Round 4)

-Sort of a Protest Song (Round 4)

-Running For Home (Round 4)

-Pledge of Allegiance (Round 2)

-Omissions of the Omen (Round 2)

-Near Fantastica (Round 4)

-Flight Recorder From Viking 7 (Round 2)

-Fine Art of Falling Apart (Round 3)

-Empty Road (Round 1)

-Born To Kill (Round 4)

-Blue Skies Over Badlands (Round 1)

-A Boy and His Machine Gun (Round 2)

Edited by NationofCool

1) The Rat Who Would Be King

2) A Boy And His Machine Gun

3) Sort Of A Protest Song

4) Change Of Season (my favourite song but I rank it this low point-wise because I know it doesn't stand a chance)

"NOTE: If a song that lost in round 4 gets the most votes, I will take that, as well as the 2nd place song and make this a top 20. Otherwise I will be taking only 1 song and making it a top 19."

I'm confused with the above; Avalanche, Fated, Weapon, While We Were Hunting Rabbits, Prime Time Deliverance, Advertising On Police Cars, Suburbia, Apparitions, and Tripoli are the only songs left. I count nine songs. Adding the mystery song from this round would be ten. I really don't understand how a top 20 or top 19 comes out of this? We aren't adding nine or ten songs back into the mix--please tell me we aren't.

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton

4) Change Of Season (my favourite song but I rank it this low point-wise because I know it doesn't stand a chance)

"NOTE: If a song that lost in round 4 gets the most votes, I will take that, as well as the 2nd place song and make this a top 20. Otherwise I will be taking only 1 song and making it a top 19."

I'm confused with the above; Avalanche, Fated, Weapon, While We Were Hunting Rabbits, Prime Time Deliverance, Advertising On Police Cars, Suburbia, Apparitions, and Tripoli are the only songs left. I count nine songs. Adding the mystery song from this round would be ten. I really don't understand how a top 20 or top 19 comes out of this? We aren't adding nine or ten songs back into the mix--please tell me we aren't.

The songs that lost to the songs youve listed (born to kill, running for home, near fantastica, workers sing a song of mass production, sort of a protest song, she's got a new disguise, everything is automatic, strange days, symbolistic white walls) will make up the bottom half of the top 19. Unless one of these songs wins this round.. I'll take the 2nd place winner as well to make it 20. If not, it's 19. The reason why the song that gets voted on gets to be in the top 10.. is well, it would have gotten more votes than the songs that lost in round 4.. but still had a chance to get voted on. I hope that clears up the confusion. I am glad however you're interested enough to ask questions.. so thanks ;)

Edited by NationofCool

the songs that lost to the songs youve listed will make up the bottom half of the top 19.

So then what's the point of voting for Round 4 songs if they're going to be essentially included?

to give them a higher rank.

if the round 4 songs dont get voted on..

theyll finish somewhere between 11-19.

if one of the round 4 songs do get voted on..

it will make the top 10.. and depending on

how the other matches work.. make the top 5.