X-Rated Truffle Pig

Xbox 360

Matrix, video games is not only about looking cool and playing Halo. It's about having fun. Nintendo has low prices, good hardware, amazing software. I'm 20. I dont judge you for you video games choices so please do the same.

I'm not judging you. But, if you compare Nintendo to the rest of the big boys, you'll find it lacks in power. My point in the age question, is that if you look at the demographics, Nintendo is most popular with the younger generation, while Microsoft and Sony is more popular with the adult generation.

Also, if anyone is judging, it's you. You seem to be a little hardheaded on the Nintendo side, and are very quick to make a judgement against some of the other people on the board about their gaming choices because it's not Nintendo.

You talk about low prices, of course it's low, nobody wants to buy it. Good hardware...Gamecube came out last, and still has the worst hardware of the three, and I have no doubt Revolution will be the same...I mean, have you seen the control? WTF?

I never downplayed any other choice. I own an x-box and its a good console. Also the Gamecube is more powerful then the ps2, that's a fact. Xbox is more powerful then both, also a fact. Also, it's true that the age demographic is lower for nintendo....about 12-18, while the other guys are 16-25. I'm fine with that. A lot of peeps actually did by the gamecube. was only outsold by x-box by 2-3 million. I just don't like it when people make ignorant comments about Nintendo. As for the new controler, I love it. I dont wanna replay Halo with better graphics. now I can play games differently which is the whole point. but the 360 is still sweet, even though it lacks innovation.

Edited by Drizzt

you should really read up on these things befor making comments. it comes with a joy stick in the other hand and the remote is tilt sensitive and shit. an fps gamers dream. there will be a standard controller for the sports games and shit. but with this you can play tennis by taking a tennis swing with the remote. it's gonna be something amazing.I like your avatar.

Nintendo is cool, but they're mostly a niche product now. They're geared more towards family/kids and Nintendo diehards (like Drizzt). Nothing wroth with that, they've been very successful doing what they're doing now.

Personally i think the DS and PSP both kinda suck.

As for the new Revolution console and the controller....i think its looks awesome. At least its something different and with the potential to be totally awesome! The Gamecube wasn't different in any way, it was just the same type of console as the others but with much less games and no online.

The controller is innovative, I'll give it that. I don't know, it just turns me off.

And actually, I think all three consoles are screwed. Why? Well, think of this...X-Box 360 is still using DVD's, PS 3 will be using some type of Blu-Ray Disc, which apparently has twice the capacity of a DVD, and Nintendo is using some sort of mini disc again (I believe, but don't quote me). Well, I just read an article that there is a type of holographic disc that can hold 300 times the capacity of a DVD. It should be in production by this time next year. Just a report, but here's the link...

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2005-11-28/#3

...about half way down.

Nintendo will be using DVD's i'm pretty certain. Yes Xbox 360 is screwed, because game developers are already complaining that they are filling up the DVD disk (though they could just make multiple disks like PS1 did, but its still a black-eye for the 360).

Also, Blu-Ray discs can hold 25gb of data, about 3 times as much as a DVD. And dual-layer Blu-rays store up to 50gb. BTW HD-DVD's are 15gb and 30gb dual-layer.

If you read the link I posted, you'd see the disc technology allows information to be transferred faster, therefore lowing production costs. That's all the info I have so far. But, if it can be produced for cheaper then DVD's, similar to how DVD's are cheaper to make then film video, I'm sure that's the way the industry will go.

edit: I was speaking of movies, there. But if you can get that much more information on that type of disc, it won't take long for games to follow.

Edited by matrix