Devil On Rollerskates

Best Songs To

Which is the best song to get it on to?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best song to get it on to?

• Let's Get It On
    • The Future Is X-Rated
    • Hello Time Bomb
    • Carmelina
    • Apparitions
    • Flight Recorder From Viking 7
    • Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance
    • Oh Be Joyful
    • Change Of Season
    • Workers Sing A Song Of Mass Prodution
    • Sort Of A Protest Song
    • Avalanche
    • Blue Skies Over Badlands
    • Song For The Girl
    • It's Been A While Since I Was Your Man
    • Other (specify)

Let's play a game. You must choose what you believe is the best Matt Good song to make passionate hot sweaty sex to. If you do, you will be set free. You have 2 hours to choose or you will locked in this thread forever. Make your choice.

And on a whole different level, the best sex song in the universe is Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Nothing beats that.

Agreed.

"I want to fuck you like an animal

I want to feel you from the inside

I want to fuck you like an animal

My whole existence is flawed

You get me closer to god"

K, all I have to say is someone turning on "Don't Worry, Be Happy" while you're trying to get it on with your friend is a total mood killer. For serious.

If Jeremy's version of PTD were playing in the background I would be in heaven. ( note to supercanuk ;) )

Edited by little miss sunshine

And on a whole different level, the best sex song in the universe is Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Nothing beats that.

maybe too much personal information, but i didn't enjoy that song in the background. not that it made the sex bad (it was bound to be less than stellar to begin with) but i didn't feel like it added much of anything. too simple, and too obvious.

i think avalanche is so great because the first 5 tracks are so dynamic, and they make all of these emotions move around in you, and by the time you get past those songs you're no longer paying attention to whats on the stereo.

of matts songs i think most of the songs off wlrrr would be great

really. that's very interesting. the album is so stripped down and raw, i would think it would require too much listening. never tried it though.

looks like all of you wlrrr non-fans have some homework tonight!

really. that's very interesting. the album is so stripped down and raw, i would think it would require too much listening. never tried it though.

There's nothing "stripped down" and "raw" about White Light.

dude, are you kidding me?

Actually, it's Giant (minus the cheerleaders).

i was thinking the exact same thing (about closer)

matt good song? ummm....yeah giant.

Closer is the most overrated song ever.

The best part is that the lyrics treat sex as a vile degrading act and everyone uses it as a sexy song.

I agree that the song is overrated. The Fragile and Still are the only NIN albums I listen to nowadays.

The lyrics are not treating sex as a vile act, nor are they treating them as what most these kids think (bunch of MTV dry hump dancers) "LOZL omg fuck!11 u liak an animal" hahaha go fucking listen to the bloodhound gang or something.

The main line in the song is "You bring me closer to god" and thats exactly it...its refering to sex on a spiritual level. The short time during orgasm is where they say you are connected to "god" or a "god-like state" if you will.

white light is probly his most stripped down...

so raw and energetic

white light is probly his most stripped down...

so raw and energetic

I beg to differ.

Whatever song gives me the most amount of time to explain my premature ejaculation.

In regards to Closer, it's not about sex, it's about the character, who happens to like him some sex. The interpretation of the song I like most suggest that the getting closer to god thing isn't about the spiritual nature of sex, but about the control aspect that that particular character experiences. It's about sex addiction and the flawed nature of using it as a means of escape, and if you look at the album as one story, not a series of songs, than it is one of the contributing factors to the characters downfall. I like NIN.

Or something like that.

RE: WLRRR as a raw and stripped down record.... or not

if you "beg to differ" or if you disagree in any way, i'm going to start a thread to talk about JUST that, so we don't get cloudy heads with all of this sex talk

RE: closer - NIN

my two cents:

the song itself - regardless of the story the whole record creates - is a piece of ART. not a message. it is not saying that sex is dirty, that sex is "a vile degrading act" or anything negative about sex at all. it's a piece of art in the sense that the lyrics and the music come together to create picture i like to call "primitive". the beats, the sounds, the lyrics, the vocals, it's just a piece of art. is whistler's mother an ageist statement? that all old ladies are miserable? she's not smiling! is andy warhol racist in the sense that he only likes people who are of unnatural colors like purple and green and orange? of course not. it's just art.

as far as people using it as a sexy song: there's something REALLY REALLY hot about tear-your-clothes-off-do-it-on-the-kitchen-floor-primitive-animal-sex. it isn't degrading if you and the person you're humping have healthy self esteems and respect for each other.

the song itself - regardless of the story the whole record creates - is a piece of ART. not a message. it is not saying that sex is dirty, that sex is "a vile degrading act" or anything negative about sex at all. it's a piece of art in the sense that the lyrics and the music come together to create picture i like to call "primitive". the beats, the sounds, the lyrics, the vocals, it's just a piece of art. is whistler's mother an ageist statement? that all old ladies are miserable? she's not smiling! is andy warhol racist in the sense that he only likes people who are of unnatural colors like purple and green and orange? of course not. it's just art.

as far as people using it as a sexy song: there's something REALLY REALLY hot about tear-your-clothes-off-do-it-on-the-kitchen-floor-primitive-animal-sex. it isn't degrading if you and the person you're humping have healthy self esteems and respect for each other.

So it's a piece of art, but has no message? Doesn't all art have a message? Isn't that the point of art?

and I want to clarify that I didn't mean the song calls the general act of sex vile and degrading, but rather in the context of this couple. Their sex is described with violent imagery. The speaker is a broken man, with many flaws and issues and the only time he feels good is when he's having sex, but he realizes that it's wrong to exist solely on animal lust. The "You get me closer to God" line refers not to an uplifting, spiritual act, but I think looks forward to his death.

But the main point here is that this song is the complete opposite of a hedonistic anthem, and it really pisses me off when people use it as such, and this is coming from someone who hates Nine Inch Nails.

(Sorry, I've been writing English papers all day)