ADAMband

What Is Matty's Best Song Live

what (in your opinion) is Matt Good and MGB's best song live?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. what (in your opinion) is Matt Good and MGB's best song live?

• The Rat Who Would Be King
    • Apparitions (acoustic)
    • Suburbia
    • Avalanche
    • While We Were Hunting Rabbits
    • Giant
    • 21st Century Living
    • Carmelina
    • Advertising on Police Cars
    • We're So Heavy

This is a very tough call, im stuck between the slow acoustic style vs the some of his bigger songs. the two i was debating about was Blue skies and new fantastica but neither are on the list so i went with Apparitions. When i heard him he didnt play Avalanche which i was disapointed about.

I can't speak to Rabbits

Ah, the joys of quoting.

Anyway, I've never seen Mr. Good or his band(s) live, and I don't think bootlegs are a fair reflection on 'a best live song', since you have to take in other factors like atmosphere. So, I'll get back to you on that when I hit Canada [to coincide with his next tour].

i saw matt at klondike days in edmonton and there was a long time between the end of his regular set and the encore and it seemed like the crowd was kinda dying down but then the 'K-I-C-K A-S-S' kicked in and the crowd went crazy it was wicked

I'm a big fan of Giant live. If my memory serves correctly, that was the song that he brought the Toronto Argonaut cheerleaders out for the first time I ever saw him live (although that was many years ago and my memory isn't all that great to begin with)

If had to pick the best song live from any MG show I've been to, I'd say "Running for Home" at the Calgary Stampede in 2001 (I think it was 01). Having 5000 people sing along to that song while the sun is setting and Matt singing it just amazingly is nothing short of breathtaking.

I'd say "Born To Kill" is one of my favorite songs that I've heard live, with "Suburbia" a close second. I get goosebumps during Suburbia.