What is your favourite Radiohead album?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Radiohead album?

• A) Pablo Honey
    • B) The Bends
    • C) OK Computer
    • D) Kid A
    • E) Amnesiac
    • F) Hail To The Thief
    • G) I Might Be Wrong Live Recordings
    • H) My Iron Lung EP
    • I) Airbag/How Am I Driving? EP
    • J) COM LAG 2+2=5 EP
    • K) Some obscure release that I haven't mentioned

ok computer is not better than sgt peppers

if it wasn't for sgt peppers, ok computer would never have been made, that album revolutionized the way album were made

Oh please. Just because an album influenced an another doesn't automatically make it better.

i never said that, i just said it revolutionized the way albums were made

oh please, moncton you have to be the stupidist person ever to come on an internet message board, and that is saying a lot

Edited by driftinginfluence

if it wasn't for sgt peppers, ok computer would never have been made, that album revolutionized the way album were made

i highly doubt sgt pepper influenced ok computer at all, considering the records sound nothing alike.

you could clearly make the statement that the beatles opened the doorway for bands making music videos, and bands being creative with tape loops, and the like, but neither of those were original ideas on sgt. pepper.

and given that 90% of the "greatest album of all time" listings have given ok computer the top spot, while the others have slotted them in the top five, it's a safe bet to assume it is.

Edited by Scot

i highly doubt sgt pepper influenced ok computer at all, considering the records sound nothing alike.

you could clearly make the statement that the beatles opened the doorway for bands making music videos, and bands being creative with tape loops, and the like, but neither of those were original ideas on sgt. pepper.

and given that 90% of the "greatest album of all time" listings have given ok computer the top spot, while the others have slotted them in the top five, it's a safe bet to assume it is.

think about the format of "a day in the life" and "paranoid android"

"you could clearly make the statement that the beatles opened the doorway for bands making music videos, and bands being creative with tape loops, and the like, but neither of those were original ideas on sgt. pepper."

hmmm i don't remember saying anythign about tape loops or music videos,

but sgt peppers was the first album to have lyrics inside the cd cover and took 162 or some odd days to make

and just because it doesn't sound like it exactly doesn't mean that album never influenced radiohead

don't get me wrong, i love ok computer and i think its radiohead's best work, but just becuase magazines like spin and the like have said ok computer is the best doesn't mean it is. Critics also get a boner every time radiohead releases an album, whether its crap or not they say its unbelievable, so i don't think a bunch of music critics truly decide how good an album is.

think about the format of "a day in the life" and "paranoid android"

"you could clearly make the statement that the beatles opened the doorway for bands making music videos, and bands being creative with tape loops, and the like, but neither of those were original ideas on sgt. pepper."

hmmm i don't remember saying anythign about tape loops or music videos,

but sgt peppers was the first album to have lyrics inside the cd cover and took 162 or some odd days to make

and just because it doesn't sound like it exactly doesn't mean that album never influenced radiohead

don't get me wrong, i love ok computer and i think its radiohead's best work, but just becuase magazines like spin and the like have said ok computer is the best doesn't mean it is. Critics also get a boner every time radiohead releases an album, whether its crap or not they say its unbelievable, so i don't think a bunch of music critics truly decide how good an album is.

thom said he was going for bohemian rhapsody with that one. ;)

i own both albums, but don't see many similarities. i think a better album comparison would be dark side of the moon, but even that's off the mark.

if thom said that, then i guess that solves that, regardless,i think in terms of comparison they are both groups best work, and are similar in their "epicness" i guess, they were the last great rock albums both bands made, i guess you could say ok computer was radiohead "sgt. peppers" or vice versa if you prefer. Anyways both are excellent albums and are among the best ever put to tape. I think in terms of the impact the album had on modern music, i would say sgt.peppers has had a bigger one, mostly because it came out generations earlier but ok computer is the new generation's "sgt pepper."

as a side note, i love most of kid a, but to compare it to ok computer? i dont' know about that.

and about paranoid android, i love it and its great (I've actually played it live with a band before i like it so much) but i think it amy be too ambitious, like they went out of their way to write a huge song like that, i may be wrong, it just is overrated to me, let down and airbag are far superior i think, no surprises is excellent as well

I really liked Amnesiac. Though, with the exception of Pablo Honey, all their stuff is really good. Even Hail to the Thief, which doesn't seem to be much of a fan favorite here. Has anybody heard anything about a new album? It seems like they're due for one soon.