static

Matthew Good & U2

i was cruising down a random stretch of road the other day when all of a sudden the song "All i want is you" by U2 comes on. At the end of a song i suddenly hear a very familiar sound: the string melody played in the opening of Matthew Good's song "Man of Action."

Has anyone else noticed this? If not, check it out.

Yah, I should clarify I just hate the U2 one would find polluting the airwaves these days. I'm quite fond of their older work, but Bono must have been hit in the head with a giant dick stick or something.

Edit: To stay on topic, I've seen MG fans get really defensive about a comparison to U2. Seen them kill a guy even.

Edited by The_Rat_Who_Would_be_King

I can't tell if it's the exact same string arrangements in both songs. They're at least very similar.

There's one guitar part in Near Fantastica that really reminds me of Walk On by U2. They're not exactly the same, but very similar.

Anyways, as far as U2 and Bono and all that jazz goes:

Bono = bad. U2 = good.

Simple as that.

Edited by shenanigans87

hmmm, interesting. what part of near fantastica reminds you of walk on?

i wouldnt be surprised to hear some similarities though. i once talked to Matt specifically about U2 after an Avanlance tour show. He said he loved them. saw them on every tour as far back as the WAR tour. although he hasnt really got into anything after POP.

hmmm, interesting. what part of near fantastica reminds you of walk on?

The little guitar riff that starts about 50 seconds into Near Fantastica and again at about 3:52 min. It's only a short little riff that fades in and out of the song, but it's quite similar to the guitar part of Walk On that starts about 22 seconds into the song. Hope that makes sense.

yeah, U2, Metallica, The Beatles and Beethoven, all SOOOO so so so overrated. F*ck them and their goddamned music. THey've all licked a** since that point in their careers where they got to be too popular for me to consider them cool, given that I'm the "Emir of Cool" (R.I.P. Emir of Kuwait - peace out brotha)