I didn't bother reading the entire thread but Death Cab for Cutie apparently got their name from a scene in the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour movie.

There is a local high school screamo band called Sophistication is Ballroom Dancing and that is my favourite band name at the moment.

Yeah most of these names are just kinda 'meh.' I was gonna name my band Disastrophe, whichI thought was pretty cool (btw its still being considered so dont steal it biatches.)

Oh, and an interesting story about the Goo Goo Dolls as they were mentioned before): They used to be called the Sex Maggots long before they made it big, and their label at the time amde them change it. So one day they got drunk and saw a magazine add for a 'Goo Goo Doll.'

ALl of the band members hate the name, wish they could change it, and think it has afected their success and album sales (ie: they think they would have done better with a different name.) Hahaha, and they said this a little whole back, so slightly before they were as popular as they are now. I did them for some music project...3 or 4 years ago?

Yeah most of these names are just kinda 'meh.' I was gonna name my band Disastrophe, whichI thought was pretty cool (btw its still being considered so dont steal it biatches.)

Oh, and an interesting story about the Goo Goo Dolls as they were mentioned before): They used to be called the Sex Maggots long before they made it big, and their label at the time amde them change it. So one day they got drunk and saw a magazine add for a 'Goo Goo Doll.'

ALl of the band members hate the name, wish they could change it, and think it has afected their success and album sales (ie: they think they would have done better with a different name.) Hahaha, and they said this a little whole back, so slightly before they were as popular as they are now. I did them for some music project...3 or 4 years ago?

I used to listen to them A LOT. On 8th grade I believe it was, then I discovered grunge and have never been the same.

My friend has always thought Matthew Good Band was an awesome name, he says, "Dude, if one of us had the last name Good, we would definitly use their name for our band"

For english, we had to wright lyrics once, and create a band, and my friend Matt called his "Matthew's Good Band" He was my hero for the day.

I dunno, they were consistantly good, but their sound did evolve quite a bit. I love Boy Named Goo, Dizzy and Super Star Carwash, but all for different reasons and in different ways. I think Dizzy would probably take it though.

Yeah, Dizzy is what got them famous and it's the first one I heard. It's a really good rock/pop record. He's good with hooks and catchy tunes. Though A Boy and Superstar definitely have their moments. The other I haven't heard, well, I heard Gutterflower but it sucked.