garsk

Band Of Brothers

i just want to know if anyone has sence the movie and what they think? if you havent, it was made by HBO and is 10 hours long. Basically it fallows Easy Company of 506 Reg, of the 101 devision of the United States Army from basic training, to the final days of WWII. It is really well done, but very pro American. But still, great movie, has great lines too!

It's not really a movie, it's a "mini-series". I tried to watch it when it first came on TV, but I was busy so I missed most of it. I was going to buy it when it came out but I didn't have enough money, and I've forgotten about it until now. It has a good story, being that it was based off a true one, though I'm sure not 100% accurate. Anyway, good series, I'd recommend it to all WWII fanatics.

Is it just me, or do people get shot in the neck too much in that series? Guy looking with binoculars...Boom neckshot. Guy walks out into no man's land, machinegun bullet takes him in the throat, Scout moves ahead...sniper bullet takes him in the neck...etc.

At range, people tend to aim low. Aim high, and a good shot means a head shot, a bad (slightly high) shot means a total miss.

Aim a little lower, and bad (slightly high) is head, good is chest or neck, bad (low) is stomach, etc. Higher chance for a hit. Aim at center mass....

This is assuming you are firing at a range beyond point blank (which is not close range, for the record...it is the range at which the arc of the bullet exactly crosses the line of the sight).

Edited by Sparq

I've seen it. Its nothing short of amazing. Its not a movie, but it was made with movie-like production values. I personally think its the greatest WWII production ever filmed, be it movie or tv. Its so realistic. Its like Saving Private Ryan, but longer & with a much better story and characters.

It is excellent, very excellent, except for the awesome "acting" Jimmy Fallon does in it...what a fucking joke casting him in any role except "camp follower".

yeah, why was Fallon in it?? Actually he did an ok job for the small part he had. David Schwimmer even did a pretty decent job.

Fallon's role lasted about 5 minutes at the most, all he did was drive up in a jeep and talked about what the germans had for weapons. Schwimmer was better because his role was totally different then his Ross role in Friends. But i think this was the first time that Fallon didnt laugh during a sceen, maybe because it wasnt live and they could edit it.

there was still a lot of "go US go" in saving private ryan's, i mean, how many countries did tom hanks fight in during the movie? he was in africa and italy before he was in normandy. and how many soldiers in real life did that? i dont think any of them did