Tom Robbins

Kurt Vonnegut

Tom Perrotta

DBC Pierre

Jack Kerouac

Douglas Coupland

Chuck Klosterman

Micheal Moore

anything spunky / funny / intelligent with characters and situations that evoke emotion, or non-fiction about interesting things...

EDIT: haha i rock the spelling!

Edited by Dan #2

I like American Psycho, but its not for everyone. People with souls for example. Or weak stomachs. Or people who don't like to read pages upon pages describing what people are wearing/what's so good about 80s pop music/graphic descriptions of brutal violence. So maybe read Rules of Attraction instead.

If you like non-fiction, I have this novel called the Embrace, and it's about this guy, Rod Ferell, who thought he was a vampire, got a cult together, and beat one of his bestfriends parent's heads in with a rowbar. Then, took Heather (the daughter) to New Orleans, or tried.

It's an effing great book. If you're interested I'll tell you the author's name.

He was sixteen at the time.

Edited by NinjaStyle

I know!

Even Cowgirls Get The Blues.

And Sydney!

I would love to know the author's name!

And Eric!

I don't know, over-explaining can ruin good stories. i'll check it out tomorrow at the library though!

And Eric!

I don't know, over-explaining can ruin good stories. i'll check it out tomorrow at the library though!

I should make clear its not really over-explaining, its just a really effective stream of conscience that can make for a difficult read. Its that technique that was really new at the time the book was released, and some critics say the literary world is still trying to catch up to his style. But yah, maybe check out Bret Easton Ellis adaptations at the old movie store first, and that ought to give you an idea about whether or not you feel like diving into a book. Because like I said its not for everyone.

I'd also like to point out that Aphrodite Jones is a pretty ill name.

Maxx Barry - Syrup, and Jennifer Government were both pretty good.

Both fiction. One about marketing, one about a world almost fully overrun by large corporations....and their aggressive marketing startegies. So I guess they're both about marketing.

Edited by Sparq