crazycanuck

Energy Drinks

Tip: Methamphetamines work way better than energy drinks.

Give Adderall a try... it's available over the counter, helps you focus like nuts for hours and hours, non-addictive, and you can still get a regular eight hours of sleep and wake up just dandy.

http://www.slate.com/id/2118315/

EDIT: it's not available over the counter? what the hell was i thinking?

Edited by ecnarf

one time i went to a show and in the middle of a song the lead singer kinda stops and backs away from the mic. the concerned band stop and make sure he's okay. he steps to the mic and says "i almost just died!"

apparently, after drinking a red-bull before the show. and then all the activity he was doing caused his heart to have a hyper-reaction.

and he almost died.

true story

Tip: Methamphetamines work way better than energy drinks.

Give Adderall a try... it's available over the counter, helps you focus like nuts for hours and hours, non-addictive, and you can still get a regular eight hours of sleep and wake up just dandy.

http://www.slate.com/id/2118315/

EDIT: it's not available over the counter? what the hell was i thinking?

I was beginning to think if you were on crack!

Adderall is for ADHD and, as a general rule, you need a prescription.

I would love to steal some from work and try it though.

one time i went to a show and in the middle of a song the lead singer kinda stops and backs away from the mic. the concerned band stop and make sure he's okay. he steps to the mic and says "i almost just died!"

apparently, after drinking a red-bull before the show. and then all the activity he was doing caused his heart to have a hyper-reaction.

and he almost died.

true story

yeah people drink them before they exercise. thaaaats a no-no. same with mixing it with alcohol. you think people would listen to the back of the can but noooooooooo. also, you can only drink two a day, but people drink way more than that as well.

You probably don't need to be diagnosed with ADHD to get it though... the writer said he took it as an experiment for a week, and since he clearly had a prescription, your doctor might prescribe some to you to help you study or focus or whatnot. It doesn't appear dangerous, and as long as your medical history doesn't indicate that you're at risk if you take it, your doctor may well give some to you.

you know what i did last night? walked to timmies and got an extra large coffee and then i walked to macs and got an extra large slurpee! woosh! that kept me up all night ;) i had to write a 1500 word essay and make a presentation all for today! yay! and it's all done! the presentation is going to be awesome, whereas the essay, not so much

The only time I've ever had energy drinks was in Moscow Idaho during the Lionel Hampton Jazz festival.

That was before they were readily available in Canada.

The last day we were there, we had to get up at 6 in the morning, and we didn't get to bed until 1 O'clock at night. The whole day I had about five Monsters. So delicious. By the end of the day I was twitchy and kind of crazy. I got back to the hotel and sat on the bed rocking back and forth and giggling uncontrolably.

Good times.

Hmm I'm confused, because Red Bull only has 80mg of caffeine in it, whereas, monster has 171 or something. The backs of most energy drinks say you're not supposed to have over 1000mg a caffeine a day. So how in the world is Red Bull more powerful than everything else? How does it exceed that 1000mg limit?

Funny that you're all on about Red Bull with it's 80mg of caffeine when a standard cup of coffee has 200 mg of caffeine.

Your typical espresso has only 40 mg, but in a much more delectable, cultured and sophisticated package than anything else you'll find.

Funny that you're all on about Red Bull with it's 80mg of caffeine when a standard cup of coffee has 200 mg of caffeine.

Your typical espresso has only 40 mg, but in a much more delectable, cultured and sophisticated package than anything else you'll find.

You mean to say that red bull is not cultured?!

Taurine in energy drinks is hype at best, a scam at worst.

All taurine does is help you digest faster. It has not been proven that it has any complementary effects with caffeine, nor is it a stimulant in itself. It is also not a protein nor an amino acid, as some claim.

It is, however, essential for cats... It is also in some contact lens solutions.

Fun fact!: Taurine is commonly extracted from urine.