Matt

Limblifter - Agoraphobe (merged)

http://www.factor.ca/submissions_faq.html

Q: How many grants can an artist receive from FACTOR?

A: Each program has its own limitations on funding. Some are capped at dollar grant maximums per fiscal year, while others have maximum grants per artist in the lifetime of the program. Check the guidelines for each program for details.

beat me to it, good stuff, i see it varies, then LL have little to worry about

"I/O" is the best of the three albums.

agreed, and I don't hear anything wrong with the drumming, it is what Ryan wanted, Pat is an excellent drummer and could have done different, more complex stuff, but at first ryan told him "no cymbals" and then let him use a them a little, so that obviously held him back a little. Kurt is an unbelievable drummer as well. I/O is Ryan's best songwriting in my opinion, i only enjoyed a couple of track off of Bellaclava, most notably "Pregnant" (a wicked song btw), and i think Kurt sings on that one, he may have wrote it i'm not sure. I will admit "On The Moon" and "Fiercely Co-0 Dependent" sound similar, but the album is solid, The auctioneer is wicked, as is Alarm Bells, In Out, Jumbo Jet Headache, Soft Signals and Get Money.

How can you be allowed to say that it's Ryan's best songwriting when you stated that you haven't heard all of Bellaclava?

I/O is a solid album, I'm not saying that. It's just missing serious, serious elements that made LL such a rocking AND artistic band in the past. Gone are the eerie songs like Hostess & Teen Fang, touching ballads like Wake Up To The Sun & Go Ride and rocking tracks like Shoot But Don't Miss. Also, Ryan Dahle wrote every song on the album; nothing with Kurt.

Anyone who thinks I/O is LL's best album is someone who got into the band thanks to Matt Good. Hell, I think I was a AOE/LL fan before a MGB fan.

How can you be allowed to say that it's Ryan's best songwriting when you stated that you haven't heard all of Bellaclava?

I/O is a solid album, I'm not saying that. It's just missing serious, serious elements that made LL such a rocking AND artistic band in the past. Gone are the eerie songs like Hostess & Teen Fang, touching ballads like Wake Up To The Sun & Go Ride and rocking tracks like Shoot But Don't Miss. Also, Ryan Dahle wrote every song on the album; nothing with Kurt.

Anyone who thinks I/O is LL's best album is someone who got into the band thanks to Matt Good. Hell, I think I was a AOE/LL fan before a MGB fan.

I'm not allowed to say that because I DIDN'T say that. I never said I haven't heard all the tracks off the album, I said I only enjoy a few tracks, you might want to read closely before commenting. I bought Bellaclava the week it came out and was a LL fan long before I/O came out or they toured with MG. "Anyone who thinks I/O is LL's best album is someone who got into the band thanks to Matt Good." that is a pretty uneducated statement and definately untrue in my case, because i did buy Bellaclava right when it came out, I even have a signed poster from when i met them in a record store after the album's release.

I got into Limblifter because of the Alarmbell demos, and decided to give Limblifter a try as well. I liked old Limblifter, but new Limblifter is still better. Song writing that is simple can be beautiful too, sometimes more so than complex song writing.

Guys, I thought the drumming sucked in I/O too, but it's just really subtle. I play the drums, and there's actually some very funky stuff going on in most of the songs, it's just difficult to detect unless you're a drummer trying to play it perfectly. Listen to Drug Induced. The accents are in places you wouldn't expect, and the kcik is pretty awesome.

And I think Come Over is the best song on that album, though Alarm Bells and The Auctioneer are good too.

Also, that combined version someone posted earlier with both intros is awesome. Thanks!

Edited by Prometheon

www.meegee.blogspot.com in the comments section of her latest blog.

Hey some of my bullets are red and some are black! The world is over!

so anayways, new album me n Ryan. and maybe Pat Steward and maybe Kurt Dahle and maybe Todd Mckonkey and Burento on drum trap.

Maybe Shaun Brodie on some trumpet and my friend Kate Harrison on the 'bone.

maybe David Paterson...maybe some violins and violas

the world is our oyster!

that makes me hungry!

We are beginning to work on the album right now...we are in the process of securing our very own rehearsal/studio space to do some of the recording. exciting!

ps. cello playing is not going so well. I only have double bass versions of the cello suites and the tunings do not transfer to cello very easily. can anyone relate to this problem? are there any fellow bass/cello players out there?

sympathy!

meegee | Homepage | 12.09.05 - 5:43 pm | #