Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

yahoo messenger to rival MSN messenger

If you don't have Yahoo Messenger, download it now. They made it just like MSN Messenger except you can have offline messages.. It's also got creepy sound effects.

Note the red circles. The lips beside the smiley face on my window there are for sending sound clips to the person you're talking to... Most are somewhat scary sound clips. They also have a new yahoo icon and like ICQ customized invisibility. You can appear invisible to whoever you want but stay visible for others.

yahoo.jpg

I'm used to hotmail messenger, dont normally use yahoo messenger... is it better, do you think?

Proteus rocks!!! it's a mulitclient, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AOL... the bunch. Only problem is you have to be a mac user to use it ;)

Trillian is the best choice for you PC users, the same kind of stick.

Peace

you cannot use any of these chat programs with a Mac? then which one do you use (if you use any)?

none of my friends have yahoo, so i'll stick to msn.

the only reason that i dont have yahoo or any of that is cause all my friends have msn and i wouldent go on yahoo cause i dont know anybody to add ;)

I still prefer Hotmail messenger... I have a yahoo e-mail address because it has more megabytes, but that's it... i never use yahoo messenger

dont understand what being antisocial has to do with using yahoo messenger and not hotmail messenger (?)

She's just "anti-social" because her MSN messenger is broken ;). That and no one is on yahoo. Though I creep her out on it daily.

hahahaha ;) ok, i got it

AIM is the suck.

I'm really enjoying the creepy sound effects ;)

haha of course you would anton, lol but ya i like MSN b'cuz most of my friends are on it, i mostly have yahoo for xandi lol but i keep forgetting to go on! LOL

Yes yahoo is just for xandi, she's such a special lady that she gets her own network. Well shared with some of the creepy people I know.

haha xandi is just a man, and if im not talking with her on the phone, i gotta have anotehr way to talk to her about mine sag! lol!

that poor girl ;)

How can you make fun of her if you haven't even talked to her for a few years? LOL.

All IM clients suck...

Get trillian!

buy a mac and get Proteus! (G4 PBooks rock)

Peace

Proteus is what you use with Macs? what is the difference with these other programs?

You can get most if the clients for mac... there are ports. Proteus is a multiclient, I can IM to most any other kind of client (I am on ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, and MSN with it). It's a really well done program, and it's nice to have all of my IM progs grouped into one place. Another advantage is the meta user mode (for users that have more than one kind of account) they you group then so they only appear once, when talking to another proteus user, you get a best of both worlds thing, where you can use features from any of the clients you are both connected with (ie you can chat over ICQ, and get the user is typing thing from MSN)

Peace