Sim

Do You Think Matthew Good Is Underrated?

Is Matt Good underrated? (Post comment)  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Is Matt Good underrated? (Post comment)

• Yes, because he (almost) don't play in the US
    • Yes, because he had a bad reputation in the past
    • Yes, because radio/video don't play him enough
    • Yes, because radio release haren't his best song
    • Yes, other (post)
    • No, Matt is as popular as it should be

Hahha yeah, so I was watching T.V. and it said something about Dave Matthews and my little sister is like "Oooooh Dave Matthews." (My family knows that I love his music). So yeah, there's one Canadian getting mixed up. Also, whenever I tell people that I like Matthew Good, they always say "Oh hes shitty", or "I don't like him, he's too whiny". And that's just too bad, cause they're all hearing the worst of his music. I think I might start lending out my cd's and see what happens. ;)

Hahha yeah, so I was watching T.V. and it said something about Dave Matthews and my little sister is like "Oooooh Dave Matthews." (My family knows that I love his music). So yeah, there's one Canadian getting mixed up. Also, whenever I tell people that I like Matthew Good, they always say "Oh hes shitty", or "I don't like him, he's too whiny". And that's just too bad, cause they're all hearing the worst of his music. I think I might start lending out my cd's and see what happens. ;)

Well the Generation Y-Kids would rather listen to an anorexic boy with dyed black hair scream his ass off into a mic.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. A few people also think his voice is too whiny, as in, his vibrato's are annoying. Heh, I don't even notice it really. The most noticable song would the Rat Who Would be King, and I have no idea how these people hear songs like Load Me Up, and Hello Time Bomb, and think his voice is whiny. ;)

Edited by MarketTomato

Yeah my brother was saying that also... but he's more the "iron maiden" kind of listener.

But still i was able to bring him to last Matt show in Montreal... and he admit it was quite a show

I'm a music freak and have been for years. Spent thousands of dollars on Cd's and I put Matt Good in my top 5 artists of all time! I simply love his music and definitely find him underrated.

Can't truly explain the connection, maybe we're both '71 kids, his political views etc ? But his music speaks to an element within that few artists out there reach.

I'm a transplanted Canadian living in US and try and expose all my friends to his music.

I don't feel you have to be commercially successful in the US to feel as if you've "made it" but given all the crap that is out there I wish he could be exposed more to the US market.

Well the Generation Y-Kids would rather listen to an anorexic boy with dyed black hair scream his ass off into a mic.

Stop generalizing us gen-Yers!

Just because most of my generation are idiots doesn't meen that absolutely all of us are.

I like Iron Maiden and Matthew Good.

I've had at LEAST 10 people confuse him with Dave Matthews.

And he's underrated simply because people don't hear his good stuff. Honestly, whenever I mention Matt Good, the resonse I get 90% of the time is "didn't he do that In a World Called Catastrophe song?" It was SO overplayed and it frigin sucked. Honestly, I've just started saying 'no' and sending them Tripoli. Works every time*.

*As long as you edit out the creepty chilren's chorus. That turns some people off.

And he's underrated simply because people don't hear his good stuff. Honestly, whenever I mention Matt Good, the resonse I get 90% of the time is "didn't he do that In a World Called Catastrophe song?" It was SO overplayed and it frigin sucked. Honestly, I've just started saying 'no' and sending them Tripoli. Works every time*.

*As long as you edit out the creepty chilren's chorus. That turns some people off.

At least they recognise him for that instead of Load Me Up or Hello Time Bomb...

At least they recognise him for that instead of Load Me Up or Hello Time Bomb...

What is it that everyone has against Hello Time Bomb and Load me Up? It seems that by default people here think that singles are bad. Just because they're up-tempo and more "accesable" doesn't meen that they're bad.

same here,

i usually use the song near fantastica as an introduction for people who dont know his music...i have a low success rate of converting them to fans though

start off with his singles.

that's the easiest way to get someone to recognize and listen to MG/B...

i've gotten at least 5-6 friends in the last year to be big fans of mg/b.. all it took was me sending them MGB songs.. (load me up, strange days, automatic, apparitions.. and THEN work into the classics.. prime time, suburbia, protest song, hunting rabbits..)

Try introducing people to his more mainstream stuff.. and then work your way into the treasure box of mg/b songs..

What is it that everyone has against Hello Time Bomb and Load me Up? It seems that by default people here think that singles are bad. Just because they're up-tempo and more "accesable" doesn't meen that they're bad.

I have nothing against them and do like them. I just am kind of annoyed when people assume MG to have only released two songs: HTB and LMU. The majority of people that I've mentioned MG around only know of those two songs.