rabbit_hunter

Screwed Up Beautiful Midnight

The american release of BM just doesn't flow as well as the Canadian release.

I know this because my roommate bought the US version first.

He eventually ordered the much superior Canadian release.

He agree that it flows better and it has the best song that was cut from the us release

I Miss New Wave

Leave it to the boys south of the border to mess up an album that did not need to be touched

leave it to stephen to make an ignorant fucking comment like that.

there's nothing wrong with the us version.

if you have both, it's actually a nice change from

the regular version, and whoever said the songs don't flow well is full of shit, cuz when you listen to the us version

the songs sound pretty fucking good, actually, and the us version of hello time bomb is better than the original.

yeah i tried for 2 years to get ahold of a matt cd here in the states after seeing him on much music on satelite... i finally found a place that could order them... so i did and 2 weeks later they called me and said they could no longer order them... it was horrible... and this was before i really had access to the internet... so finally about 4 years ago i found the us version of bm and was very pleased... however because of the lack of info and availability in the states I didnt know tell quite a while later that it wasnt the original version of the album... and when i first heard i miss new wave i felt ripped off and lied to... the canadian version is definately better... thank goodness for internet purchasing...

The smart thing on the US version of Beautiful Midnight would have been to; not remove the songs and put on the songs from Underdogs, but not removing any songs and then just adding more songs. Some of the songs removed from the US version were the good ones...a la, I Miss New Wave.

what's different about the US version of hello time bomb?

It's more of a rock remix. The guitars (and the organ) are more prominent, and the clock sound at the beginning is much louder. The bass levels are dampened a bit, too. More compression all around.

Honestly, I like the US mix of HTB better. I think the remix makes the song sound more manic. I think it's the one thing I like about the US version.

I hate the rest of the remixes, though. Chris Lord-Alge ruins snare drum sounds in his mixes.

Edited by uglyredhonda

what's different about the US version of hello time bomb?

It's more of a rock remix. The guitars (and the organ) are more prominent, and the clock sound at the beginning is much louder. The bass levels are dampened a bit, too. More compression all around.

Me thinks Good also says something over Dave's crazy solo before he starts demonically laughing.

- C

Leave it to the boys south of the border to mess up an album that did not need to be touched

i think putting Apparitions & Everything is Automatic on the U.S. album was probably a good business move since they'd have little chance to be singles in the US if they just released both BM & Underdogs. Having Apparitions as a single and a video in Canada was by far the best thing for MG's career popularity. It would have been hard for MG to properly promote an old album, especially when he was coming out with new stuff.