icantremember1989

Black Helicopter (demo)- Merry Xmas Everyone

Personaly loved the song. i generaly perfer Matts sorfter sound ing music. Not to say that I do not like the Raw sound of WLRRR, Howevere for me it just doesnt get anybetter then his original demos or Alalance. Just my oppinion.

The demos AND Avalanche?

That's like hotdogs and filet mignon.

You know, to me, that is.

"Best thing he's ever done"? WOW, now that a statement?? I think not. I'm a 10 year plus fan but I'm just glad it's a little xmas DEMO treat.

More concerning is what's with his 'new' approach with his vocals & all this acoustic guitar? Pete Yorn ...not. Bring back Genn with his Gibson.

I said "one of the best things", not the best thing. As the demo was obviously that, a demo, i'm sure he never added electric guitar because its much harder to record than an acoustic, in terms of getting a good sound, so the studio version may have elec, who knows. Who said anythign about Pete Yorn, if your gonna talk about a guy with an acoustic, dylan or springsteen would be the obvious example.

Really enjoyed the demo. Also liked the Dusk B-side (never heard it before, where can I get it?).

Thanks for the heads up

Email me at rgopp at shaw.ca in the next 24 hours and I can send Dusk to you. After that it's holidays for me!

the intro to Man of Action feels like a video taken inside an airport, played ultra-fast.

very good song. and hey - annabelle was one of my favourites before this, it's in my top 20 or so. black helicopter = definitely on par with annabelle. i'm especially liking the chorus, the vocals are awesome the way he haunts and flows. reminds me of Ian Curtis a lil.

Anton: i had to download the song twice, the first time didn't work.

I am really liking this song. Though I expected nothing less from Matt. He hasn't let me down yet.

I totally agree. While WLR&RR wasn't amazing, it's was still decent enough. BSOBL and a few others pulled up the slack.

It would take 2-3 really bad albums to turn me away from all future MG.

D

Guest Prosis
I am infatuated with this song - it's so pretty. Does anyone know what the song is about, or what inspired Matt to write it?

Thanks fellow pink pills

The war? ;)